News and announcements
ACBF Viewer for Android 0.30 is out. Changes are:
- added book title and reading progress into library
- library sort is done by serie and title
- added "Table of Contents" dialog (clicking on a page number in toolbar will open it)
- exit on hitting back button twice
- added text-layer button into toolbar (it is not possible to switch text-layers yet)
- fixed unicode errors (opening books and pages with non-ASCII characters in the path)
- several other minor bugfixes
ACBF Viewer for Android 0.23 is out. Please uninstall previous application before installing this one as Android package domain has changed and this will be considered as different app. This is also properly signed Android package.
- added slider to quickly navigate between pages
- current page number is displayed in toolbar
- added open book dialog in library displaying comic book metadata information if available, comic book can be deleted from device from here as well
- image settings we added (fade out, mipmapping and animation duration can be setup)
- added notification when on last page
- several icons were changed
- several minor fixes
I put this version up on Google Play store. So if anyone wants to express support for the project this way you can actually buy it:
Anyway, it will always be available for free at launchpad project page.
Was playing with Kivy framework and ported ACBF Viewer to Android! I didn't expect it to be this easy, but here it is. You can download the ACBFViewerforAn
App needs a bit of a polishing, which I can do later, but it is already very well usable ... actually I already switched to using it as the reading experience is for me the best of all Android apps I tried.
Updated on 2014-12-26.
Version 1.03 of ACBF Viewer changes:
- added support for WebP and BMP file formats (must be supported by PIL/Pillow library installed on the system)
- library info dialog now shows nice charts and stats (matplotlib library dependency added)
- library covers are stored on filesystem outside of the library.xml file to improve performance (reimport of all comic books is recommended to decrease the filesize of library.xml)
- some small fixes here and there
Version 0.4 of ACBF Editor changes:
- added column headers for various dialog windows
- added page preview into Table of Contents dialog
- support for WebP and BMP file formats
- work started on command line interface (comic file ACBF/CBZ/CBR can be loaded and saved into target CBZ file from command line)
- other small fixes
Advanced Comic Book Format PPA repository is available at: https:/
You can add this repo to your system in order to install packages and receive updates the same way the standard distribution packages work (sudo apt-get install acbf-viewer). Debian package for ACBF Viewer 1.02 is available there. ACBF Editor will follow.
If you already installed ACBF Viewer with install.py file distributed within source package, please uninstall it first: sudo ./install.py uninstall
Updated on 2014-09-30.