- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- No users assigned to blueprints and bugs.
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- No bugs are targeted to this milestone.
Download files for this release
* packaging.py, install_packages(): Add permanent_rootdir flag and if set,
only unpack newly downloaded packages. Implement it for the apt/dpkg
backend. Thanks Evan Dandrea.
* apport-retrace: Add --sandbox-dir option for keeping a permanent sandbox
(unpacked packages). This provides a considerable speedup. Thanks Evan
* crash-digger: Add --sandbox-dir option and pass it to apport-retrace.
* Fix the whole code to be PEP-8 compatible, and enforce this in test/run by
running the "pep8" tool.
* GTK UI tests: Ensure that there are no GLib/GTK warnings or criticals.
* Support Python 3. Everything except the launchpad crashdb backend now works
with both Python 2 and 3. An important change is that the load(),
write(), and write_mime() methods of a ProblemReport and apport.Report
object now require the file stream to be opened in binary mode.
* data/apport: Ignore a crash if the executable was modified after the process
started. This often happens if the package is upgraded and a long-running
process is not stopped before. (LP: #984944)
* Add test cases for apport-unpack.
* apport-retrace: Add information about outdated packages to the
* ui.py: Drop python-xdg dependency, use ConfigParser to read the .desktop
* apport-gtk: Work around GTK crash when trying to set pixmap on an already
destroyed parent window. (LP: #938090)
tables. (LP: #982267)
no candidates in apt. (LP: #980094)
to 50 MB. 10 is not nearly enough particularly for /tmp. (LP: #979928)
* hookutils.py, recent_logfile(): Use a default limit of 10000 lines and call
"tail" instead of reading the whole file. This protects against using up all
memory when there are massive repeated log messages. (LP: #984256)
* apport-gtk: Do not assume that an icon requested for size 42 actually
delivers size 42; some themes do not have this available and deliver a
smaller one instead, causing overflows. Also, copy the image as
modify. (LP: #937249)
* ui.py: Don't show the duplicate warning when the crash database does not
accept the problem type, and they are just being sent to whoopsie. Thanks
Evan Dandrea. (LP: #989779)
* report.py: Correctly escape the file path passed to gdb.
* apport-gtk, apport-kde: Do not show the information collection progress
dialog if the crash database does not accept this kind of report. In that
case whoopsie will upload it in the background and the dialog is not
necessary. (LP: #989698)
This release does not have a changelog.
0 blueprints and 0 bugs targeted
There are no feature specifications or bug tasks targeted to this milestone. The project's maintainer, driver, or bug supervisor can target specifications and bug tasks to this milestone to track the things that are expected to be completed for the release.