Aptdaemon allows normal users to perform package management tasks, e.g. refreshing the cache, upgrading the system, installing or removing software packages.
Currently it comes with the following main features:
- Programming language independent D-Bus interface, which allows to write clients in several languages
- Transaction based design which allows to queue actions
- The daemon runs only if required (D-Bus activation)
- Fine grained privilege management using PolicyKit, e.g. allowing all desktop user to query for updates without entering a password
- Support for media changes during installation from DVD/CDROM
- Support for debconf (Debian's package configuration system)
- Support for attaching a terminal to the underlying dpkg call
- Command line client aptdcon
- Python GTK widgets to monitor and control a running transaction
Aptdaemon was inspired by PackageKit which doesn't allow a tight integration into Debian/Ubuntu by policy: Running transaction are not allowed to be paused. This makes the use of debconf or resolving config file conflicts impossible.
The documentation can be found at the home page.
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1308278: org.debian.apt.install-or-remove-package+Apt.Daemon password please?
Reported on 2014-04-15
Bug #1306543: python3.4 breaks installing deb files
Reported on 2014-04-11
Bug #1306529: software-center fails to install local packages
Reported on 2014-04-11
Bug #1272359: Test suite fails in all versions of Python
Reported on 2014-03-20
Bug #1266844: crash in gtk3widgets.py: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'
Reported on 2014-02-19
All packages Packages in Distributions
“aptdaemon” source package in Trusty
Version 1.1.1-1ubuntu5 uploaded on 2014-04-11
“aptdaemon” source package in Saucy
Version 1.1.1-0ubuntu4 uploaded on 2013-12-04
“aptdaemon” source package in Raring
Version 1.0-0ubuntu9 uploaded on 2013-04-02
“aptdaemon” source package in Quantal
Version 0.45+bzr861-0ubuntu9.1.2 uploaded on 2013-01-11
“aptdaemon” source package in Precise
Version 0.43+bzr805-0ubuntu9 uploaded on 2013-03-20
All questions Latest questions
dont know password for unlock login keyring or for updates cant update
Posted on 2014-04-20
removing softwere of my computer its vcl app and it says i need a password
Posted on 2014-04-08
I can not install vlc without an authorization password, any suggestions
Posted on 2014-03-15
not changing Lanuage
Posted on 2014-03-01
what is the password of this desktop?
Posted on 2013-12-12