Aptdaemon allows normal users to perform package management tasks, e.g. refreshing the cache, upgrading the system, installing or removing software packages.
Currently it comes with the following main features:
- Programming language independent D-Bus interface, which allows to write clients in several languages
- Transaction based design which allows to queue actions
- The daemon runs only if required (D-Bus activation)
- Fine grained privilege management using PolicyKit, e.g. allowing all desktop user to query for updates without entering a password
- Support for media changes during installation from DVD/CDROM
- Support for debconf (Debian's package configuration system)
- Support for attaching a terminal to the underlying dpkg call
- Command line client aptdcon
- Python GTK widgets to monitor and control a running transaction
Aptdaemon was inspired by PackageKit which doesn't allow a tight integration into Debian/Ubuntu by policy: Running transaction are not allowed to be paused. This makes the use of debconf or resolving config file conflicts impossible.
The documentation can be found at the home page.
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1439878: Need to add a program, but error instead of authenticate! Correct password is used, to no avail!
Reported on 2015-04-02
Bug #1407757: multi-arch packages cannot be installed due to dpkg wrongly detecting them as already installed
Reported on 2015-03-27
Bug #1356823: aptd crashed with AttributeError in _remove_from_connection_no_raise(): 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Destroy'
Reported on 2015-03-18
Bug #1416799: programming error in aptdaemon.Window is unable to remove old skype package.
Reported on 2015-02-01
Bug #1414447: There seems to be a programming error in aptdaemon, the software that allows you to install/remove software and to perform other package management related tasks."....i get this every time when i try to install or remove any program or apps...
Reported on 2015-01-25
All packages Packages in Distributions
aptdaemon source package in Vivid
Version 1.1.1+bzr982-0ubuntu3 uploaded on 2015-04-16
aptdaemon source package in Utopic
Version 1.1.1+bzr980-0ubuntu1 uploaded on 2014-08-21
aptdaemon source package in Trusty
Version 1.1.1-1ubuntu5.1 uploaded on 2014-06-06
aptdaemon source package in Saucy
Version 1.1.1-0ubuntu4 uploaded on 2013-12-04
aptdaemon source package in Raring
Version 1.0-0ubuntu9 uploaded on 2013-04-02
All questions Latest questions
cant download game saying i need a key
Posted on 2015-04-05
forgotten autentication password
Posted on 2015-03-24
don't know the authenification password to load a new language
Posted on 2015-03-18
This is becoming a pain in the backside
Posted on 2015-01-05
I forgot my authentication password so can't install Ubuntu updates. What can...
Posted on 2014-12-15