Aptdaemon allows normal users to perform package management tasks, e.g. refreshing the cache, upgrading the system, installing or removing software packages.
Currently it comes with the following main features:
- Programming language independent D-Bus interface, which allows to write clients in several languages
- Transaction based design which allows to queue actions
- The daemon runs only if required (D-Bus activation)
- Fine grained privilege management using PolicyKit, e.g. allowing all desktop user to query for updates without entering a password
- Support for media changes during installation from DVD/CDROM
- Support for debconf (Debian's package configuration system)
- Support for attaching a terminal to the underlying dpkg call
- Command line client aptdcon
- Python GTK widgets to monitor and control a running transaction
Aptdaemon was inspired by PackageKit which doesn't allow a tight integration into Debian/Ubuntu by policy: Running transaction are not allowed to be paused. This makes the use of debconf or resolving config file conflicts impossible.
The documentation can be found at the home page.
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1416799: programming error in aptdaemon.Window is unable to remove old skype package.
Reported on 2015-02-01
Bug #1414447: There seems to be a programming error in aptdaemon, the software that allows you to install/remove software and to perform other package management related tasks."....i get this every time when i try to install or remove any program or apps...
Reported on 2015-01-25
Bug #1394087: Incorrect key name used in string interpolation
Reported on 2014-11-19
Bug #1389740: Aptdaemon fails silently when the cache is locked
Reported on 2014-11-05
Bug #1387153: Simulation broken
Reported on 2014-10-29
All packages Packages in Distributions
aptdaemon source package in Vivid
Version 1.1.1+bzr981-0ubuntu2 uploaded on 2014-12-01
aptdaemon source package in Utopic
Version 1.1.1+bzr980-0ubuntu1 uploaded on 2014-08-21
aptdaemon source package in Trusty
Version 1.1.1-1ubuntu5.1 uploaded on 2014-06-06
aptdaemon source package in Saucy
Version 1.1.1-0ubuntu4 uploaded on 2013-12-04
aptdaemon source package in Raring
Version 1.0-0ubuntu9 uploaded on 2013-04-02
All questions Latest questions
rhythmbox install password
Posted on 2015-02-22
This is becoming a pain in the backside
Posted on 2015-01-05
I forgot my authentication password so can't install Ubuntu updates. What can...
Posted on 2014-12-15
Posted on 2014-09-06
im trying to install vlc media player but i dont know what is my authenticati...
Posted on 2014-06-19