Simple tool to repair frequent boot problems.
- Repair the boot when an OS does not boot any more (eg. after installing Windows)
- Repair the boot when access to GRUB and any OS is lost (eg. "GRUB rescue" error)
- Allow to reinstall GRUB bootloader easily
- Allow to generate a generic MBR compatible with Windows XP/Vista/
- Allow to restore the original bootsector (MBR) if it has been saved by Clean-Ubiquity ( https:/
Boot-Repair can repair access to : Windows XP, Vista, Seven, Windows8, Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, OpenSuse, and other systems compatible with GRUB and Syslinux.
Boot-Repair can be installed & used from any type of session (normal session, or live-CD, or live-USB) of Debian, Ubuntu, Mint and derivatives.
Inclusion request in Ubuntu's rep: https:/
Debian ITP: http://
GIT for packaging: https:/
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1426264: boot-repair.log became huge in size
Reported on 2015-02-27
Bug #1406599: boot-repair stuck, huge log file
Reported on 2014-12-30
Bug #1405174: boot-repair fails to purge all grub packages
Reported on 2014-12-23
Bug #1403603: Add "boot last selected OS" option
Reported on 2014-12-17
Bug #1400309: package boot-sav 4ppa16 [origin: LP-PPA-kranich-cubuntu] failed to install/upgrade: tentative de remplacement de « /usr/share/boot-sav/bis.sh », qui appartient aussi au paquet boot-repair 4ppa8
Reported on 2014-12-08
All questions Latest questions
No Public Key error when adding repository
Posted on 2014-11-03
I can't retrieve windows8 OS from the start-up after installing ubuntu 14.04....
Posted on 2014-05-02
Boot-repair for trusty
Posted on 2014-04-19
how to install Boot repair on PartedMagic disk
Posted on 2014-03-07
How to use Proxy with Boot-Repair ?
Posted on 2014-01-20