Simple tool to repair frequent boot problems.
- Repair the boot when an OS does not boot any more (eg. after installing Windows)
- Repair the boot when access to GRUB and any OS is lost (eg. "GRUB rescue" error)
- Allow to reinstall GRUB bootloader easily
- Allow to generate a generic MBR compatible with Windows XP/Vista/
- Allow to restore the original bootsector (MBR) if it has been saved by Clean-Ubiquity ( https:/
Boot-Repair can repair access to : Windows XP, Vista, Seven, Windows8, Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, OpenSuse, and other systems compatible with GRUB and Syslinux.
Boot-Repair can be installed & used from any type of session (normal session, or live-CD, or live-USB) of Debian, Ubuntu, Mint and derivatives.
Inclusion request in Ubuntu's rep: https:/
Debian ITP: http://
GIT for packaging: https:/
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1281815: boot-repair demands to be run in a live session when it already is in a live-session (aufs)
Reported on 2014-02-18
Bug #1280769: Boot-repair uploads potentially sensitive information to a public website without user consent
Reported on 2014-02-16
Bug #1267702: Need boot-repair package for Ubuntu 14.04
Reported on 2014-01-10
Bug #1258805: Instructions to reinstall Grub2 on openSuse slightly incorrect
Reported on 2013-12-07
Bug #1254483: GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true not kept after purging GRUB
Reported on 2013-11-24
All questions Latest questions
All went fine until I tried to apply
Posted on 2014-03-09
how to install Boot repair on PartedMagic disk
Posted on 2014-03-07
How to use Proxy with Boot-Repair ?
Posted on 2014-01-20
Ubuntu 13.10 failed to boot
Posted on 2013-11-23
please include bzip2 in boot-repair-cd, thanks. great program
Posted on 2013-11-13