How do I verify a
v.0.6.2 "Winter is over" - 2012/04/13
* ``project-command`` new checker option ``--not-snapshotted-revision``
to select only those local components that have tip revisions different
from the snapshot. (Addressed Bug #678101).
* ``project-command`` has got explicit ``--dry-run`` option to be compatible
with bzr 2.5.0. (Bug #980852)
Improvements of project v2 support:
* ``project-init`` for projects V2 should work in the existing branches
to simplify migration process. (Bug #557089)
* ``project-commit`` in project v2 should not create snapshot
for subproject v1. (Bug #563807)
* ``project-init`` creates empty snapshot file so it gets the file-id
from the beginning of the project life. Therefore it's less likely user
will have file-id conflict while merging two branches of the same project.
* New command ``project-add`` should help to add new components/subprojects
quickly without manual editing of project.cfg. (Bug #313655)
* New command ``project-branch`` helps to change component origin to new URL.
The command does set new URL in project.cfg and also update parent/push
* Project v2: new layout of the control branch: toplevel branch of each
project and subproject should have .bzrmeta/scmproj/project.cfg file with
project config. No more separate .scmproj control branch needed.
* Project v2 is now default one. Old projects are still supported in all
operations except ``project-init``, so you can't create old project anymore
with ``project-init`` command.
* Config files for projects v2 have the same format as before, but alts and
subsets are not supported in v2.
* ``project-command`` for project v2 now executes actions for control branch
as well as component branches.
* Support for snapshots:
* ``project-commit`` creates snapshots for main project and all
* ``project-get`` uses snapshot...
* pcmd/pup/pback: --different-tips condition also checks for tags difference.
Ditto for --equal-tips. (Bug #506428)
* pback (project-publish): is local and remote branch has no difference in
revision history but local branch has uncommitted changes we need to run
push anyway so builtin push will have a chance to catch this in --strict
* pcmd: if chdir to component tree directory failed then assume there is no
component tree yet, and simply skip this component.
* pcmd: added list options --include (-i) and --exclude (-x) to control list
of components for which command should be executed.
* pcmd: option --select XXX allows to run command only for components which
conforms to some status.
Supported variants: all, changed, unchanged, different-tips, equal-tips.
By default run command for all components. (Bug #497802)
* project-update and project-publish commands run actual command
only if local branch and origin branch are different
(roughly as `pcmd --select different-tips`).
* project-commit command now uses generic check for changes in components,
similar to `pcmd --select changed`.
* Subprojects simplified implementation (without variants support and
* ``project-publish --no-strict`` can be used to invoke ``push --no-strict``
for components trees. (Bug #474799)
* ``project-command --dry-run`` will show what would be done, but don't
actually do anything. It's better to use with option --verbose.
* ``project-info`` now shows the info on components and subprojects.
* ``project-command --shell`` can run shell commands for each component
instead of bzr ones. (Bug #349069)
* ``project-command --varN XXX``: new command-line options ``--var1``,
``--var2`` and ``--var3`` allows user to specify additional template
variables for substitution in commands templates. (Bug #489722)
* commands to work with...
* fixed problem of cloning .scmproj when it's repository tree in shared repository. (Bug #458914, Alexander Belchenko with help of Vincent Ladeuil)
First official release.
The code is still alpha level but it works good enough so I can use it for real work for last 6 months.
* project.cfg should be in utf-8 encoding
* 3 ways for project-get: get everything, only control branch,
get component branches when there is control branch
* new command project-publish: push component branches to their origins,
also push control branch
* project-commit can commit to control branch (.scmproj)
* project-update: new command to update component branches (pull from origins)
* plain workspace by default
* .scmproj/.bzr/branch/branch.conf is used as local config
* pinfo does not require LOCATION argument