Please backport Inkscape 0.45 from Ubuntu Feisty
Please backport Inkscape 0.45 from Ubuntu Feisty - there are lots of important features added:
Inkscape 0.45: overview
This release brings the exciting new features developed by the Google Summer of Code 2006 participants, as well as tons of other improvements across the board. Here are the highlights:
* Gaussian blur is the first SVG filter supported by Inkscape. You can blur any object to any extent - yet it remains vector and fully editable. This gives a huge boost to Inkscape as a creative art tool.
* Display speed and interactivity: not only does Inkscape render faster, but it can now respond to user input before it finished redrawing the screen, which greatly improves the interactivity of the program.
* History dialog makes it easy to to review your editing session and jump to any step of it, undoing and redoing multiple actions with one click.
* Several important tool features are added, notably the new selection mode in Node tool and the adjustable rounded caps in Calligraphic pen.
* Bitmap tracing works better for multi-color traces, sports a redesigned dialog and several new options.
* Many new extension effects are added, including Color effects and Pattern along path.
* The Outline mode has got many fixes and improvements, including a keyboard shortcut.
* Several new commands in Help menu open various Inkscape-related pages in your default browser, making Inkscape reference information more accessible as you work.
* Dozens of smaller features are added throughout the program, and hundreds of bugs are fixed.
Look at http://