- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- 2 Jason Gerard DeRose
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- 2 Fix Released
Download files for this release
Big steps this month in finializing the V1 protocol, starting with a more formal specification:
Still to be decided is whether we'll switch to a custom base-32 encoding to fix the sort-order problem with RFC-3548 Base32 encoding, detailed here:
Code changes include:
* Reworked filestore into a Python package (rather than a single Python module)
* Added new filestore/
* Started work on making all code-paths select protocol version by ID length. This forces us start building things in a future-proof way now, and helps verify that selecting based on ID length is a workable design.
* Added new filestore/misc.py module, to which TempFileStore has been relocated (this avoids a few imports in `filestore`, lowers our idle memory footprint)
* Added experimental fast_b32encode() C extension
This release does not have a changelog.
0 blueprints and 2 bugs targeted
|1094801||#1094801||Select protocol version based on ID length||3 High||Jason Gerard DeRose||10 Fix Released|
|1099877||#1099877||Add formal protocol specification||3 High||Jason Gerard DeRose||10 Fix Released|