- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- 4 Jason Gerard DeRose
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- 4 Fix Released
Download files for this release
Note that because we're switching to Dbase32 encoding for the file IDs, we wont be able to support the interim version zero protocol alongside the final version one protocol; however, we will provide a migration tool that will allow you to migrate your current V0 library to V1.
Starting with V1 and going forward, we will maintain indefinite backward compatibility will all protocol versions, and all versions will be able to coexist alongside one another. Newly added files will be hashed according to the newest protocol version, but you will always be able to locate and verify a file according to an ID computed with an older protocol version. This means the reference integrity between your edits and your files will always be preserved.
* Dropped Python 3.2 support, now requiring Python 3.3 or newer
* Dropped back-ported posix_fadvise() C extension as we can now use os.posix_fadvise() from the Python stdlib
* Changed the V1 protocol from a 280-bit digest to a 240-bit digest, and switched it from Base32 encoding to Dbase32 encoding (note that V0 is still the active protocol, the switch-over to V1 hasn't happened yet)
* For now, removed the protocol selection-
* Big refactor of the unit tests for `filestore.
* Removed filestore-
* Added filestore.tests.run entry point for running the tests against the installed package like this:
$ python3 -m filestore.tests.run
This release does not have a changelog.
0 blueprints and 4 bugs targeted
|1088404||#1088404||Revisiting the 240-bit digest size||3 High||Jason Gerard DeRose||10 Fix Released|
|1125516||#1125516||Add protocol encoding abstraction to aid D-Base32 migration||3 High||Jason Gerard DeRose||10 Fix Released|
|1129090||#1129090||Drop Python 3.2 support, prep for D-Base32||3 High||Jason Gerard DeRose||10 Fix Released|
|1130156||#1130156||Switch V1 protocol to Dbase32, 240-bit hash||3 High||Jason Gerard DeRose||10 Fix Released|