Release GCC ARM Embedded 5 update 2
The 5 2016q2 update release is available at:
* Re-tied the MALLOC_LOCK and MALLOC_UNLOCK to newlib's multithread configuration for newlib-nano.
Important bugs fixed in 5 update 2 release:
* Fixed code-size regression for Cortex-M0 compared to 4.9 when compiling with -Os
* Fix multilib used for armv8-m.main+dsp
* Fix use of --gc-sections when building for ARMv8-M with Security Extensions
* Fix memcpy used for newlib-nano for pre ARMv6T2 devices
* Fix alignment of .data in ldscripts in samples
* Fix semihosting for ARMv7-A and ARMv7-R
Known Changes and Issues
* Thumb1 code size regression due to new register allocation:
*A workaround is to disable it by option -mno-lra*.
* The use of 64-bit atomic operations for ARMv8-M Mainline is not supported.
* Further releases will be available at https:/
Updated on 2016-07-04.