Release GCC ARM Embedded 5 update 3
The 5 2016q3 update release is available at:
* ARMv8-M Baseline and Mainline beta support:
+ ARMv8-M Baseline atomics support
* ARM PureCode support
* Thumb-2 long branch veneers
Important bugs fixed in 5 update 3 release:
* Removed MSP_S and PSP_S MRS/MSR special registers
* Fixed Thumb version detection in veneer generation
* Fixed documentation about newlib-nano in release.txt
Known Changes and Issues
* Thumb1 code size regression due to new register allocation:
* The use of 64-bit atomic operations for ARMv8-M is not supported.
* Further releases will only be available at https:/
Updated on 2016-09-28.