GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 4.7-2013-q1-update
Update 4.7 in Q1 2013
- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- No users assigned to blueprints and bugs.
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- No bugs are targeted to this milestone.
Download files for this release
GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors 4.7
This release includes the following items:
* Bare metal EABI pre-built binaries for running on a Windows host
* Bare metal EABI pre-built binaries for running on a Linux host
* Bare metal EABI pre-built binaries for running on a Mac OS X host
* Source code package (together with build scripts and instructions to setup
build environment), composed of:
* gcc : ARM/embedded-
* binutils : 2.22 with mainline backports
* newlib : 1.19 with mainline backports
* gdb : 7.4.1 with mainline backports, without target sim support
* cloog-ppl 0.15.11 :
* libelf 0.8.13 : http://
* libiconv 1.11.1 :
* mpfr 2.4.2 : ftp://gcc.
* zlib 1.2.5 with makefile patch :
* newlib-nano 1.0 : Included in source package
* Windows XP/7 32/64 bits (with installer and alternative zip package)
* Linux 32/64 bits
- Ubuntu 8.x or later (tarball)
- Ubuntu 10.04/12.04 (tarball and PPA)
- RHEL 4/5 (tarball)
* Mac OS X 10.7.3 and newer 64 bits (tarball)
Supported target OS:
* Bare metal EABI only
* All GCC 4.7 features, plus latest mainline features
- Defaultly turn on option -munaligned-access for ARM
- Support for more features from C11 revision of ISO C
- Support various new GNU extensions to the DWARF
* Additional code size optimizations
* Cortex-M0+ support
* Newlib-nano: newlib branch optimized for code size
* GDB support of unwind from exception handler
* GDB support of FP registers in Cortex-M4
* Cortex-A profile multilib
* Link Time Optimization (LTO)
* Tested on a variety of Cortex-
* Tested on an internal simulator for Cortex-R4
* Tested on Qemu
Known issues in 4.7 major 2012q4 release series:
* Comparing to 4.6, GCC 4.7 tends to inline more function calls when
optimizing for speed (O2/O3). So program built from 4.7 with O2/O3
might be slightly bigger than 4.6, but usually with performance gain.
To fall back closer to 4.6 behavior, please include compiler option:
Important bugs fixed in 4.7 update 2013q1 release:
* Mac OS host version has python dependence
* LTO failure when installed in directory with space in path name
* Load address of data sections containing aligned data
* libnosys doesn't check stack overflow
* librdimon.a doesn't match newlib-nano
This release does not have a changelog.
0 blueprints and 0 bugs targeted
There are no feature specifications or bug tasks targeted to this milestone. The project's maintainer, driver, or bug supervisor can target specifications and bug tasks to this milestone to track the things that are expected to be completed for the release.