GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 6-2017-q1-update
6 update 1 release.
- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- 1 Thomas Preud'homme
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- 2 Fix Released
Download files for this release
The 6 2017q1 update release is available at:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As previously announced we are no longer releasing the binary packages of this toolchain on Launchpad, please see the link for developer.arm.com above.
* All GCC 6 features, plus latest mainline features:
+ Full ARMv8-M support including atomics and Security Extensions
+ ARM PURECODE support for ARMv7-M and ARMv8-M Mainline
+ Co-processor intrinsics support
+ Cortex-M23 and Cortex-M33 support
+ -mthumb optional for Cortex-M devices
* Support for OS-retargeting of locking routines in newlib
Important bugs fixed in 6 major release:
* Fix redundant load in loop
* Fixed stack corruption when using high registers and LR register
* Fixed internal compiler error when compiling empty FIQ interrupt handler
* Fix internal compiler error with LTO when building g++.dg/lto/20081219 testcase
* Fixed callee-saved register trashing when clobbering SP register
* Fixed internal compiler error when using -mslow-flash-data and floating-point
* Fixed wrong code generation with indirect sibbling calls
* Fixed spurious code removal
Important bugs fixed in 6 update 1 release:
* Fix Mac GDB crash with invalid commands
* Fix Windows wildcard support
* Fix selection of newlib.h variant with nano.specs and g++
* Allow VCMP immediate without prefix in unified syntax
Known Changes and Issues
* Thumb1 code size regression due to new register allocation:
* Multilib is now enabled with --with-
toolchain from source
This release does not have a changelog.
0 blueprints and 2 bugs targeted
|1641333||#1641333||.syntax unified - VCMP immediate still requires #||1 Undecided||10 Fix Released|
|1661882||#1661882||arm-none-eabi-g++ pulls the wrong version of newlib.h if -specs=nano.specs selected||1 Undecided||Thomas Preud'homme||10 Fix Released|