Linaro GCC 4.6-2011.06-0
- Assigned to you:
- No blueprints or bugs assigned to you.
- No users assigned to blueprints and bugs.
- No blueprints are targeted to this milestone.
- No bugs are targeted to this milestone.
Download files for this release
Linaro GCC 4.6 is the fourth release in the 4.6 series. Based off the
latest GCC 4.6.0+svn174261, it adds new optimisations and vectoriser
Interesting changes include:
* Updates to 4.6.0+r174261
* Blocks can now vectorise into ORN and BIC instructions
* Support for half word to double word multiply and accumulate operations
* Better support for other widening multiply operations
* Further performance improvements in NEON strided loads and stores
* Performance improvements targeted at EEMBC CoreMark
* PR target/48454: Set the lengths correctly for the case with Quad vectors.
* Building Python 2.7 with -mfpu=neon exposes a bug in vmov.i64 in binutils 2.20.51. Please use 2.21 or later.
The strided load/store improvements allow the vectoriser to
efficiently access values that occur at every n'th address, such as
all of the red values in a RGB image or all of the left channel
samples in a interleaved audio array. For example, a plain C function
that converts between RGB and CYMK now runs 7.3 x faster on an A9.
The source tarball is available from:
Downloads are available from the Linaro GCC page on Launchpad:
Interested in commercial support? inquire at email@example.com
0 blueprints and 0 bugs targeted
There are no feature specifications or bug tasks targeted to this milestone. The project's maintainer, driver, or bug supervisor can target specifications and bug tasks to this milestone to track the things that are expected to be completed for the release.