Linaro GCC 4.5-2011.03-0
Download files for this release
Linaro GCC 4.5 is the eighth release in the 4.5 series. Based off the latest GCC 4.5.2+svn170352, it includes many ARM-focused performance improvements and bug fixes.
Interesting changes include:
* Adds a new 'shrink wrap' optimisation
* Improves performance by making better use of the LDM/STM instructions
* Fixes a segfault crash in Qt applications (LP: #705689)
* Fixes a mis-compilation in the SPEC2006 gromacs benchmark (LP: #693502)
* Fixes to the NEON intrinsics exposed through a NEON test suite (LP: #710623, LP: #710652)
* Fixes an internal compiler error when tuning for XSCALE (LP: #721021)
* Fixes a problem with loading zero using a NEON conditional load (LP: #709453)
Shrink wrapping is an optimisation that delays writing out the prologue until it
is first needed. This helps functions that exit early by reducing the
amount of data pushed out to memory. It is enabled by default at -O1
and can be disabled using '-fno-shrink-wrap'.