Linaro GCC 4.6-2012.03
Download files for this release
The Linaro Toolchain Working Group is pleased to announce the 2012.03
release of Linaro GCC 4.6.
Linaro GCC 4.6 2012.03 is the thirteenth release in the 4.6 series. Based
off the latest GCC 4.6.3 release, it contains a new scheduler pressure pass,
implements new instructions, and contains a number of bug fixes.
Interesting changes include:
* Updates to 4.6.3.
* Better performance by accounting for register pressure when scheduling instructions.
* Support for the ARMv6 USAT/SSAT saturation instructions.
* Support for the VFP VCVT fixed to floating point conversion instruction.
* LP: #922474 Bug in __sync_lock_release with 64 bit primitives
* LP: #923397 Alignment attribute has no effect under certain conditions
* LP: #926855 [ARMhf] gcc produces assembler it can't compile
* LP: #936863 ICE in constprop.2 (ARM NEON related?)
* LP: #942307 'asm' operand requires impossible reload
* LP: #952565 Not compliant with the ABI for multi-register NEON intrinsics
The source tarballs are available from:
Downloads are available from the Linaro GCC page on Launchpad:
More information on the features and issues are available from the
Interested in commercial support? Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 blueprints and 6 bugs targeted
|Make -fsched-pressure a more consistent win||4 High||Ulrich Weigand||11 Implemented|
|Support VCVT for fixed point/float||3 Medium||Ramana Radhakrishnan||11 Implemented|
|Improve sched-pressure for ARM||3 Medium||Ulrich Weigand||11 Implemented|
|922474||#922474||Bug in __sync_lock_release with 64 bit primitives||3 High||Ramana Radhakrishnan||10 Fix Released|
|952565||#952565||ABI compliance with multi-register NEON intrinsics||3 High||Ramana Radhakrishnan||10 Fix Released|
|923397||#923397||Alignment attribute has no effect under certain conditions||4 Medium||Ulrich Weigand||10 Fix Released|
|936863||#936863||ICE in constprop.2 (ARM NEON related?)||4 Medium||Andrew Stubbs||10 Fix Released|
|942307||#942307||'asm' operand requires impossible reload||4 Medium||Ramana Radhakrishnan||10 Fix Released|
|926855||#926855||[ARMhf] gcc produces assembler it can't compile||5 Low||Andrew Stubbs||10 Fix Released|