Linaro Graphics Miscellany 2011.07
Download files for this release
- This release adds support for OpenGL ES and EGL in GLEW lib.
- At present either purely desktop GL or purely OpenGL ES is supported.
- Name of the output library(libGLEW.so) is same in both Desktop and ES version.
- glewinfo and visualinfo utilities have been updated to support ES.
- A file "Makefile.
Steps for building glew for ARM-Linux ES 2.0:
1. export following environment variables:
COMPILER_PATH : Path of the compiler
INC_PATH : Include files path
LIB_PATH : Opengl/egl/x11 library path
2. invoke command :
- Since EGL may not be always used with OpenGL ES or platform specific modification might happens in EGL. Its usage has to be made optional.
- There is no generic GLEW lib which support both OpenGL ES and desktop OpenGL.Planned for next release.
- Makefiles needed to handle various platforms.
2 blueprints and 0 bugs targeted
|Getting OpenGL ES 2.0 support for the extension wrangler upstream - 2011.07 work||Getting OpenGL ES 2.0 support for the extension wrangler upstream - 2011.07 work||3 Medium||Shariq Hasnain||11 Implemented|
|Perf events for GPU drivers||Perf events for GPU drivers||2 Low||Chunsang Jeong||11 Implemented|