LucidTool help you in configuration and installation of important libraries and codecs needed immediately after the first installation of Lucid. LucidTool will also help you later to keep clean and updated your favorite distribution.
1. Installs all multimedia codecs with one click.
2. Keeps the system clean.
3. Keeps the system updated.
4. Adds and updates automatically GPG keys.
5. Restores the original Lucid sources.list.
6. Restores the sources.list you had before using LucidTool.
7. Installs the latest versions of some useful programs.
8. Modifies some system configurations but allows you to restore the default settings.
9. Uses the Ubuntu Notification System.
LucidTool check if:
- the script is ran as root.
- there is an active internet connection, to make sure you can install the required packages, etc...
- Operating System: Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.
- The following dependencies can be installed automatically when you first run LucidTool_install: