ntrack 015 comes with experimental rtnetlink backend and support for libnl 1.1 up to libnl 3.2.x
ntrack version 015 released!
ntrack 015 is a long expected release that started low, but ended up coming out
strong. This is not only because a first experimental revision of our next gen
backend for linux, rtnetlink, got included.
Early testing indicates that rtnetlink really has the potential to leave out
the flaky libnl middleware alltogether and get network state info first hand
from the kernel. Once stabilized and properly field tested, This will clearly
contribute to a more complete, consistent and reliable ntrack experience.
build backends for libnl 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 (NEW), 3.2.x (NEW) and latest git
See below for info what bugs were fixed on top for this release.
* lp:750554 - nl modules are not linked with libntrack even if they use symbols from it
* lp:755608 - Ntrack dead loop in function get_nl_
* lp:834639 - Build failure with -Werror=
* lp:774690 - Build error in a fresh environment
* lp:785119 - ntrack can get into endless poll loop if no backend modules found
* lp:801407 - ntrack-014 compilation fails if all libnl are present together
* lp:448400 - add pure rtnetlink backend for linux
* lp:879141 - support libnl 3.1
* no Qt python wrappers yet - lp:505672