NUnit V2 2.6.0b1
Download files for this release
* NUnit is now built using .NET 3.5. All NUnit assemblies and most tests target .NET 2.0 but the full set of tests requires 3.5 to execute.
* The build script now supports building from source under .NET 4.0. The script selects either .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0 to perform the build, depending on what is available.
* NAnt 0.91 alpha2 release is now used for building on Windows. The 0.90 release is still used on Linux.
* Support for .NET 1.0 / 1.1 is no longer included in the main distribution for NUnit but is distributed as a separate package.
* NUnit Mocks is now deprecated. All classes are now marked as obsolete.
* NUnit now uses the NSubstitute mock framework its own tests. A copy of the NSubstitute dll is included in the distribution.
* NUnit now supports composable Action Attributes, which allow the test developer to put reusable test actions into attributes and attach these actions to suites, tests, and test cases. The actions can run arbitrary code before and after suites, tests, and test cases execute. It enables the test developer to build smaller reusable actions and to compose them in unique ways for each suite, test, or test case.
Note: In the beta release, this feature is incomplete and documentation is not yet included. For more information, see http:/wiki/
* New arguments "Net-3.0", "Net-3.5", "Mono-3.0" and "Mono-3.5" are now recognized by the PlatformAttribute. Since these frameworks all use the 2.0 runtime, the semantics of their use is slightly different from other key words. The "3.5" arguments also include "3.0" and "2.0" and the "3.0" arguments include "2.0" in their interpretation.
* The .NET 1.1 build of nunit-console no longer supports the -process or -framework option. There is no automatic runtime detection and tests execute under same runtime as the console runner itself. If this functionality is needed when running tests under .NET 1.1, use the standard console runner to execute the tests in a separate process.
* The -xml option is being replaced with -result in preparation for the next release of NUnit, which will have several types of XML output. In this release, the -xml option is still recognized as well.
* A new option -noresult allows supressing the xml result output entirely.
* A new option -work is used to specify the directory to be used for the output of a test run. This directory is used as the base for any relative paths specified with the -output, -err or -result options.
* A new option -runlist allows the user to specify a file that contains the names of the tests to be executed rather than listing them directly on the command line.
* The Project Editor is now a separate program, which may be executed directly or run through the Project | Edit dropdown menu of the NUnit GUI. The editor now provides two main views of the project: a property-oriented view based on the Project Editor that was built into earlier versions of the NUnit GUI and an xml view, which allows simple editing of the .nunit file.
* The PNUnit code has been updated using the latest build from the developers at Codice Software and additional examples are provided in the source.
* 691129 Add Category parameter to TestFixture
* 692180 Script should allow building for net-2.0 under 3.5 or 4.0
* 701331 TestFixture attributes on base classes are not ignored
* 702734 Separate packaging of NUnit for .NET 1.1 and 2.0
* 711330 Test-free assembly given failure icon in tree display
* 712444 nunit-console /run don't execute parameterized test-cases (with commas in test-case name)
* 725718 Documented overloads of Has.Property do not exist
* 726313 Failure in Assembly level Action attribute causes crash
* 728500 TestDomain should unload the test AppDomain
* 735851 Add detection of 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 frameworks to PlatformAttribute
* 736062 Deadlock when EventListener performs a Trace call + EventPump synchronisation
* 739039 Add noxml option to console runner
* 741402 Error running .NET 1.1 console tests
* 746247 Add AllowPartiallyT
* 747581 Failure in TestFixtureTearDown not reported in console runner
* 756843 Failing assertion does not show non-linear tolerance mode
* 787106 EqualConstraint provides inadequate failure information for IEnumerables
* 806198 nunit console crashes when opening certain projects with common output path
* 828739 Run NUnit tests listed in a file
This release does not have a changelog.
3 blueprints and 19 bugs targeted
|NUnit Mocks Replacement||NUnit Mocks Replacement||4 High||Charlie Poole||11 Implemented|
|Separate .NET 1.1 Package||Separate .NET 1.1 Package||4 High||Charlie Poole||11 Implemented|
|Standalone Project Editor||Standalone Project Editor||4 High||Charlie Poole||11 Implemented|