Flexible, easy to use and (really) fast dinamic/static menu generator for the Openbox Window Manager. The 'dinamic menu generation' feature allows you to set it up once and to have an always up-to-date menu content.
- Generates a full menu using the information present in *.desktop files (dinamically generated
- No dependencies (statically compiled in a ~250kb binary)
- In a relative modest machine with ~200 *.desktop files it generates the full menu in ~60ms.
In mine's it takes 14-19ms.
- Internalization (i18n) support through standard .PO files.
(English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Chinese)
- Absolute control of the menu layout through a SCHEMA's file.
- Support to exclude menu items through a really simple (yet confortable and powerfull
enough) regular expressions subset.
- Support to exclude menu item based on the directive OnlyShowIn present in *.desktop files.
- Easy access to edit OpenBox and obmenugen configuration files through a submenu.
- Very configurable and simple to use. With the combination of the 'config', 'exclusions' and
'schema' files, you can get exactly the menu layout you want.
All questions Latest questions
How to add my item in the standart submenu to the pipe-menu without creating ...
Posted on 2011-12-20
Can you tell me where I can get support?
Posted on 2011-04-01
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1179761: segmentation fault
Reported on 2013-05-14
Bug #1118387: obmenugen.schema:raw: excution string with colon truncated
Reported on 2013-02-07
Bug #985273: First-run segmentation fault
Reported on 2012-04-18
Bug #956182: icon support
Reported on 2012-03-15
Bug #931314: obmenugen ignores some .desktop files.
Reported on 2012-02-13