News and announcements
I announce today severval big changes in the project :
1) the project is now part of OCA, the Odoo Community Association http://
2) the project has been moved from Launchpad to Github: you will now find it here: https:/
3) we took advantage of this move to Github to change the name of the project: the new name is "connector-
Dear users, I hope that you will be happy with these 3 changes and that you will now get the code from its new home on Github, report bugs there and propose patches and new modules.
With the recent changes in the OpenERP-Asterisk connector projet, there is now more code in asterisk-
- 7 asterisk-
- 2 asterisk-specific modules (asterisk_
These statistics have been obtained with the following command: cloc --exclude-dir=lib --match-
These statistics show that the efforts I made to move the asterisk-
Updated on 2014-08-25.
I have pushed again today some very large changes in the OpenERP-Asterisk connector, which follow the 2 other large changes I made in July and August. The most visible part of these changes is the wizard "Open Calling Partner" that has been dropped and replaced by a new feature "Open Callee". Now, if you have the module asterisk_click2dial and you click on the phone icon in the top right :
- if the phone number of the callee is present on a partner, you are directly taken to the form view of that partner. Same for leads, candidates, event registration, etc...
- if the phone number is not present on any partner/
Why this change ? First, the new JS code recently introduced for the "Open Calling Partner" allows such a behavior, which was not possible before. Second, as the "Open Callee" button is clicked by the user, we can assume that the user will click on it when he is ready to switch to the form view of the callee, so it's better to take him directly to the callee, and not go through a wizard. Third, in OpenERP version 8, there are some very nice-looking buttons on the form view of the Partner that take you directly to the invoices/
I hope that you will agree with this big change. It should be the end of the big bang in the Asterisk-OpenERP connector, because I have made all the big changes I wanted.