"Python Jamendo Audio" is a python / GTK audio streaming application, which is meant to bring the free Jamendo- music on your PC. You can browse through artists and albums, mark your favorite songs and create playlists.
Pyjama is designed to make exploring the Jamendo music-archive more comfortable: it's going to bring free music right on your desktop. At the same time Jamendo is just a click away: Use you default browser or even one of pyjama's browser plugins to get additional infos, post comments and use all the other usefull community functions on Jamendo. This way the advantages of the great jamendo-website and a desktop application can be connected!
Pyjama is NOT giving you endless lists of artists, albums and tracks which make it all but impossible to discover something one might like. Instead of that it sorts all the albums on Jamendo at your wish.
Give it a try!
Currently pyjama supports:
* sorting of albums by date, downloads, listeners, rating of the week, rating of the month, overall rating..
* showing albums by tag
* showing similar albums
* searching of artists, albums and tracks
* album and artist-pages, presenting covers and images, other albums and additional informations
* links to artist and album pages on Jamendo
* caching in order to save bandwith and resources
* local Jamendo database to speed up queries
* history function as in your webbrowser
* playlists and bookmarks
* importing playlists from jamendo
* support for GTK themes
* downloading an album via torrent with just one click
* powerful plugin interface
* multi language support (german, english, french, spanish, polish, catalan...)
* own album collections (stared albums)
* scrobbling to last.fm and libre.fm
* listen statistics
* rating tracks
For developer information please visit: http://
Also visit pyjama's forum for questions and to submit patches and plugins: http://
For experimental versions: http://
Thanks to spayder26 for the new Logo!
All code Code
- Version control system:
- Programming languages:
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1245217: Dependency python-gtkhtml2 not available
Reported on 2013-10-27
Bug #695808: pyjama hangs frequently until a keyboard interrupt
Reported on 2010-12-30
Bug #635128: pyjama 0.3.0.78 crashes suddenly
Reported on 2010-09-10
Bug #633348: Importing jamendo-playlists and jamendo-favorites will only import a handful playlists/favorites
Reported on 2010-09-08
Bug #618968: We want to search by license
Reported on 2010-08-16
All blueprints Latest blueprints
A simple windows .exe installer that does the necessary work for you
Registered on 2010-04-12
Player for the local torrent albums instead of streaming
Registered on 2010-03-10
A component which enables the users to share playlists with short comments. This could make discovering new music easier.
Registered on 2009-09-13
Pyjama should use the XDG folders specifications
Registered on 2009-07-29
Tree layout as albumbrowser
Registered on 2009-07-07