A wrapper script on top of the offical Linux Sopcast client sp-sc-auth and the media player VLC to handle a sop:// URL.
Since sp-sc-auth is not convenient to use, I have written this script to automatically handle a sop:// URL from browser so that multiple streams can be openned and closed in mass and effortlessly.
Technically, this script take an input sopcast URL and start sp-sc-auth and VLC then monitoring both processes. If one die, it kills the
other. This way you could just close VLC and the appropiate sp-sc-auth will be killed; vice versa if the stream dies, the coressponding VLC will be killed.
Can't be any easier! Clicking on a sop:// URL from your browser will start the stream (after 20 second). Go to http://
0. Download sp-sc-auth and VLC if you haven't already.
1. Put the script 'sopcast' in /usr/bin/.
2. Configure your browser to handle the sop:// protocol,
* for Firefox, go to the URL 'about:config', right click and chose New -> String, put 'network.
* for Opera, go to Preferences/
Detailed guide for Ubuntu: http://
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1053620: vlc will not work with ports greater than 60000
Reported on 2012-09-20