Strategy Gaming Engine
Stratagus is a free cross-platform real-time strategy gaming engine. It includes support for playing over Internet/LAN, or playing vs. computer opponents. The engine is configurable and can be used to create games with a wide-range of features specific to your needs.
Stratagus started as a clone of the realtime fantasy strategy game Warcraft II from Blizzard Entertainment, although it is used now as a game engine to build other games, sci-fi or fantasy ones.
Stratagus is developed together for Windows, Linux and Linux Maemo based devices (Nokia N900).
Active games which use Stratagus:
- Wargus - Aleona's Tales and Warcraft II - https:/
- Doom Wars - http://
- Wyrmsun - https:/
(uses modified engine version : https:/
Abandoned (or obsolete) games:
- (merged with Wargus) Aleona's Tales - Free - https:/
- Stargus - Starcraft I - https:/
- War1gus - Warcraft I - https:/
- Ubuntu: https:/
- Maemo 5: http://
- Windows: https:/
- Sources: https:/
- Unofficial Symbian port: http://
- Unofficial PocketPC port: http://
- Unofficial GP2X port: http://
- Unofficial Pandora port: http://
- Unofficial Windows Mobile 6 port: http://
- Unofficial Android port: http://
All FAQs FAQs for Stratagus
- Are there any free games built on Stratagus I can use for teaching and research?
- Does Stratagus support a game server, meta server, lobby or anything like that?
- Stratagus runs really slow in large resolutions, what can I do?
- How do I play multiplayer?
- Can I use Wargus to join in a Aleona's Tales network game?
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1463532: Color Cycling Doesn't Work under OpenGL
Reported on 2015-06-09
Bug #1463142: Hotkeys Don't Work for Keyboard Layouts other than QWERTY
Reported on 2015-06-08
Bug #1461248: Memory Leaks
Reported on 2015-06-02
Bug #1458191: Mouse speed linked to game speed
Reported on 2015-05-23
Bug #1455966: Y and Z don't work as hotkeys for Guichan imagebuttons
Reported on 2015-05-17