How do I verify a
Lots of bug fixes and some minor features in preparation for a 1.0 release.
* Allow font dimming in inactive terminals
* Allow URL handler plugins to override label text for URL context
* When copying a URL, run it through the URL handler first so the
resulting URL is copied, rather than the original text
* Allow users to configure a custom URL handler, since the
default GTK library option is failing a lot of users in non-GNOME
* Allow rotation of a group of terminals (Andre Hilsendeger)
* Add a keyboard shortcut to insert a terminal's number (Stephen J
* Add a keyboard shortcut to edit the window title (Stephen J Boddy)
* Add an easy way to balance terminals by double clicking on their
separator (Stephen J Boddy)
* Add a plugin by Sinan Nalkaya to log the contents of terminals.
* Support configuration of TERM and COLORTERM, via a patch from
* Support reading configuration from alternate files, via a patch
from Pavel Khlebovich
* Allow creation of new tabs in existing Terminators, via DBus
* Support the Solarized palettes (Juan Francisco Cantero Hutardo)
* Translation support for the Preferences window.
* Lots of translation updates (thanks to everyone who helped!)
* Bug fixes
Bug fixes and some minor features. Catching up a little with the backlog of bugs, patches and branches from users.
* Unity support for opening new windows (Lucian Adrian Grijincu)
* Fix searching with infinite scrollback (Julien Thewys #755077)
* Fix searching on Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04, and implement searching by regular expression (Roberto Aguilar #709018)
* Optimise various low level components so they are dramatically faster (Stephen Boddy)
* Fix various bugs (Stephen Boddy)
* Fix cursor colours (#700969) and a cursor blink issue (Tony Baker)
* Improve and extend drag&drop support to include more sources of text, e.g. Gtk file chooser path buttons (#643425)
* Add a plugin to watch a terminal for inactvity (i.e. silence)
* Fix loading layouts with more than two tabs (#646826)
* Fix order of tabs created from saved layouts (#615930)
* Add configuration to remove terminal dimensions from titlebars (patch from João Pinto #691213)
* Restore split positions more accurately (patch from Glenn Moss #797953)
* Fix activity notification in active terminals. (patch from Chris Newton #748681)
* Stop leaking child processes if terminals are closed using the context menu (#308025)
* Don't forget tab order and custom labels when closing terminals in them (#711356)
* Each terminal is assigned a unique identifier and this is exposed to the processes inside the terminal via the environment variable TERMINATOR_UUID
* Expand dbus support to start covering useful methods. Also add a commandline tool called 'remotinator' that can be used to control Terminator from a terminal running inside it.
* Fix terminal font settings for users of older Linux distributions
New configuration options for a DBus server, font anti-aliasing. A new plugin for Maven URLs (thanks to Julien Nicoulaud). Also various improvements in error handling and updated translations.
Lots of bug fixes, some new plugins. See the ChangeLog for full details.
* Improved support for entirely hiding Terminal titlebars
* Plugin configuration via preferences UI
* New plugins: Terminal Screenshot, Watch Terminal Activity
* Add preferences support for profile encodings (LP: #597340)
* Deprecate the tabbar_hide option, replacing it with a 'hidden'
option for tab_position.
* Add profiles, custom titlebar and custom tab labels to layouts.
* Improved directional navigation
* Backwards compatibility fixes for RHEL 5.5.
* Disabled-by-default keybindings for switching broadcast modes
* Bug fixes for LPs: #566925, #563445, #583041, #589200, #576279,
#597340, #554571, #597651, #308025, #600280, #576276, #570706,
#575827 and some other bugs.
Provide a preferences UI item for the alternate_screen_scroll setting (patch from Kees Cook)
Fixes for all outstanding bugs against Terminator in Ubuntu and for many of the upstream bugs including, but not limited to, LPs:
#562490, #563911, #546665, #558324, #490627, #558376, #558375, #559185, #558330, #554571, #554440, #561697, #562039, #558832, #561710, #563445
Bug fixes from 0.91, and implementing the palette section of the preferences editor
This release brings some much improved UI for the grouping of terminals, some new behaviours and a bunch of bug fixes. See the ChangeLog for more details!
* Major reworking of the grouping interface by Stephen Boddy
* Keybindings can now be disabled by setting them to "None"
* Change default behaviour to enable full transparency
* Terminal titlebars can now be edited like tab labels
* Geometry hinting is now available and enabled by default
* Lots of bug fixing
* Bug fixes
* Added a shortcut key to make the window appear/disappear
(somewhat like a "Quake console" mode. Needs the deskbar
python bindings to work)
* Update pot generation to use intltool-update
* Allow users to permanently fix the title of a tab
* Added command line option to specify working directory
* Improve transparency support in composited desktops.
* The tab bar can now be hidden and/or scrolled.
* Add configurability of cursor colour and shape
* Support various VoIP URIs
* Add command line option to force a particular window title
* Add a hotkey for spawning a new Terminator instance
(emulates a "new window" feature)
* Ability to group by tab
* SunOS support (via patch from Lewis Thompson)
* Silly notify-osd message on exit (suggested by pitti)
* Drag and drop icon is now a scaled terminal image