This program will track and control the computer usage of your user accounts. You can limit their daily usage based on a timed access duration and configure periods of day when they can or cannot log in.
With this application, administrators can limit account login time duration or account access hours.
The application works as a parental time control, and will be useful to parents who want to limit child access time.
timekpr does not have a working version for ubuntu 11.04+ yet. Expect a new release around the end of August 2013: https:/
1. timekpr trunk branch is under heavy construction. Please wait until we rewrite it properly. DO NOT USE trunk!
2. The stable version can be found here, in the timekpr-maintainers PPA:
* the principal user of this kind of programs are the parents.
* This program is heavily depended on Linux-PAM and its time and access modules.
* We support GNOME, KDE and XFCE (as much as possible).
* If you would like to contribute to the code, join the timekpr-maintainers team :)
* IRC: irc://chat.
HISTORY & CREDITS:
- This is a complete re-write in python and vast improvement from the original timekpr bash script: http://
- This project was born after Charles Jackson's (crjackson) request for a program that time-limits user accounts: http://
- Even Nedberg initially began to improve the original bash script from Chris Jackson, Savvas Radević packaged it and soon began co-development.
- Special thanks go to Charles Jackson (crjackson), who has contributed a lot by suggesting and brainstorming useful features, as well as reporting bugs. We would also like to thank all the people posting at that topic at ubuntuforums for their helpful suggestions, tests and bug reports!
All code Code
- Version control system:
- Programming languages:
All questions Latest questions
will not work with arch linux, openbox, lxdm setup. What can I do to make it ...
Posted on 2015-11-24
any short term solution for 12.04
Posted on 2012-05-08
No longer actively developed?
Posted on 2012-02-21
Can not make timekpr working on Ubuntu 11.10
Posted on 2012-01-02
Posted on 2011-10-23
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1467654: timekpr-gui and kerberos user hang GUI fails to start if no normal users present
Reported on 2015-06-22
Bug #1461499: Time frame extending into the next day
Reported on 2015-06-03
Bug #1393340: notices appear, but no blocking
Reported on 2014-11-17
Bug #1326847: Keeps counting time when user has logged out
Reported on 2014-06-05
Bug #1055703: No "too late" notification from timekpr-client
Reported on 2012-09-24
All blueprints Latest blueprints
It would be good to logoff user instead of shutdown
Registered on 2012-05-01
Network-sharing of usage times (peer-to-peer)
Registered on 2010-04-05
client server version of timekpr
Registered on 2010-03-20
Registered on 2009-12-02
Allow timekpr to tell apps that they're going to be shut down
Registered on 2009-11-22