Tomdroid's first release!
I have the pleasure to announce Tomdroid's first release!
Tomdroid is a Tomboy compatible wikiwiki note-taking application for Android. Right now it's a tomboy note viewer but soon it should be considered a full tomboy client for android (I hope).
Tomdroid's project page: http://
A blog post including some screenshots (and redundant info) can be found here: http://
The latest Tomdroid can be found at: https:/
There are installation instructions in the readme.
Version 0.1.0 - the baby eating release
* Show the list of all notes in the tomdroid/ directory on the sdcard
* View individual Tomboy notes. All formatting tags should be supported. Notebooks, tags and addins will not be understood.
* You can load a note from a Web URL. In that case, links to other notes won't work.
* Crash can occur when your device runs low on memory or if the app is left running in the background for long period of time. Use the close button when not using the app. (Android lifecycle elements are not implemented yet)
* Application hangs on startup (but eventually recovers) if there is a large number of notes (>50). There is a problem in the way threading works. It'll be worked on for the next release.
* Notebook templates are shown as normal notes
* Some notes can't be opened (believed to be caused by notes with a multi-line title)
If you encounter any problems or have additional information on issues mentioned above, please report a bug at https:/
If you have an idea for an enhancement please register a blueprint at https:/
If you want to provide any additional help (translation, code, website, testing, publicity, etc.) feel free to subscribe to the tomdroid-dev mailing list and propose help: https:/
This is it for now.