Project for managing Ubuntu MATE.
A community developed Ubuntu based operating system that beautifully integrates the MATE desktop.
Ubuntu MATE is a stable, easy-to-use operating system with a configurable desktop environment. Ideal for those who want the most out of their desktops, laptops and netbooks and prefer a traditional desktop metaphor. With modest hardware requirements it is suitable for modern workstations and older hardware alike.
Ubuntu MATE has a number of guiding objectives and goals.
* Accessible to all, regardless of language and physical ability.
* Increase both Ubuntu and MATE Desktop user adoption.
* Ubuntu alternative for computers that aren't powerful enough to run a composited desktop.
* First choice Ubuntu platform for remote workstation solutions such as LTSP and X2Go.
* Recreate the halcyon days of Ubuntu for users who prefer a traditional desktop metaphor.
* Use themes and artwork similar to Ubuntu so that Ubuntu MATE is immediately familiar.
* When possible contribute to Debian so both the Debian and Ubuntu communities benefit.
* Package selection will favour functionality and stability over lightness and whimsy.
All code Code
- Version control system:
- Programming languages:
- C, Python
All packages Packages in Distributions
ubuntu-mate-welcome source package in Zesty
Version 17.04.1 uploaded on 2016-12-21
ubuntu-mate-welcome source package in Yakkety
Version 16.10.11 uploaded on 2016-10-12
ubuntu-mate-welcome source package in Xenial
Version 16.04.9.1 uploaded on 2016-04-29
ubuntu-mate-welcome source package in Wily
Version 220.127.116.11 uploaded on 2015-10-15
ubuntu-mate-settings source package in Zesty
Version 17.04.1 uploaded on 2017-02-16
All bugs Latest bugs reported
Bug #1666697: Total freeze at login screen
Reported on 2017-02-21
Bug #1666201: Unexpected behavior in combination with plank and 1 or more panels
Reported on 2017-02-20
Bug #1666001: ubuntu mate firefox extension resets preferences
Reported on 2017-02-19
Bug #1665665: The gnome-disks icon everywhere 3x appear in the menu. But why not just one?
Reported on 2017-02-17
Bug #1664142: Kodi doesn't work
Reported on 2017-02-13