open-vm-tools (2011.12.20-562307-0ubuntu1) precise; urgency=high
* Merge latest upstream git tag. Fixes building on Precise
(LP: #898289, LP: #905612)
* Items merged from Debian unstable:
+ open-vm-tools recommends open-vm-dkms. (LP: #598933)
+ open-vm-tools now suggests open-vm-toolbox. (LP: #604998)
(From 2011.08.21-471295-1 release)
- Updating maintainer and uploaders fields.
- Removing vcs fields.
- Removing references to Daniel's old email address.
- Updating years in copyright file.
- Updating to standards version 3.9.2.
- Updating to debhelper version 8.
- Switching to source format 3.0 (quilt).
- Removing manual chrpath setting.
- Removing exclusion from plugins from debhelper shlibs.
- Rediffing kvers.patch.
(From 2011.09.23-491607-1 release)
- Marking binary architecture-dependend packages as linux and kfreebsd
- Removing liburiparser-dev from build-depends as upstream dropped
- Building with libproc-dev on amd64 again.
- Dropping disabling of dnet support.
(From 2011.09.23-491607-2 release)
- Adding doxygen to build-depends for api documentation.
- Adding libcunit1-dev to build-depends for test suites.
- Minimizing rules file.
- Adding open-vm-tools-dev package, containing only the api
documentation for now.
(From 2011.09.23-491607-3 release)
- Sorting overrides in rules alphabetically.
- Compacting copyright file.
- Adding udev rule to set timeout for vmware scsi devices
(From 2011.12.20-562307-1 release)
- Adding patch to correct typo in upstreams dkms configuration
* Remaining Changes:
- Remove Stable part of version numbering.
- debian folder:
+ Re-added open-vm-dkms.postinst & open-vm-dkms.prerm.
* Allows dkms modules to compile upon installation.
+ Re-add open-vm-source and make into a transitional package
+ Return dependancies that were moved to open-vm-tools back to
- debian/rules and debian/open-vm-toolbox.lintian-overrides:
+ Make vmware-user-suid-wrapper suid-root
+ Added CFLAGS field with -Wno-deprecated-declarations
* Will suppress issues with glib 2.31 or later.
+ Add line to copy vmware-xdg-detect-de into place.
+ Install vmware-user.desktop through toolbox package.
+ Re-add 'modprobe [-r] vmblock'.
+ Add 'modprobe [-r] vmxnet'.
* Incase it's not loaded during boot.
+ Remove and re-add pcnet32 module
* Will be done before (remove) and after (readd) vmxnet module
* If vmxnet doesn't exist (aka modules fail to build), pcnet32 can be
still used for network connectivity.
* Workaround until a better fix can be done.
- Re-add gnome-session to debian/local/xautostart.conf
- Manpages removed (from debian/manpages):
+ Remove references to manpages that have been removed.
-- Nate Muench <email address hidden> Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:09:45 -0600
Source for VMware guest systems driver (DKMS)
Transitional package for open-vm-source
tools and components for VMware guest systems (GUI tools)
tools and components for VMware guest systems (CLI tools)
tools and components for VMware guest systems (debug)
tools and components for VMware guest systems (development)