debian sid in
Primary Archive for Debian GNU/Linux
by Micah Gersten
recutils (1.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
- Version 1.5 (13 January 2012)
- The utilities will now ask interactively for a password
if it was not provided with the -s command line option.
This avoids security problems related to shell history files.
- Support for octal and hexadecimal numbers has been added.
They can be used in both the records and selection expressions.
- It is now possible to select a given number of random records
in many of the utilities using the -m command line option.
- The -n option now accepts a list of indexes, supporting ranges.
- The new -U (uniq) option for recsel removes duplicated fields
in the output records.
- The new -q option allows to quickly search for the desired record
without having to provide a complete selection expression.
- Auto generated fields are now considered integers by default.
This avoids repetitive patterns involving %auto and %type.
- Tab characters are now allowed in blank lines betwwen records.
- The API in rec.h is now better documented with comments, and improved.
- recfix now exits with an error status
if there is a parse error in some input file.
- The usage of the internal data structures has been _vastly_ improved,
resulting in a much faster operation.
- Internal cleanup and code factorization.
- Many, many, many bug fixes :D
- removed all patches which are now fixed in the 1.5 release
- added mdbtools-0.7-fix (Closes: #655780)
until upstream supports both versions
of the backwards incompatible API change of mdbtools.
- Adding "libreadline-dev" to Build-Depends
Used for interactive prompting and upstream
is going to use it more in future releases
* "librec.la" already dropped in 1.3-12 (Closes: #633238)
-- Sven Wick <email address hidden> Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:04:02 +0100
recutils development files
library for accessing recfiles programmatically
text-based databases called recfiles