debian sid in
Primary Archive for Debian GNU/Linux
sa-exim (4.2.1-14) unstable; urgency=low
* Updated Danish and Dutch Debconf template translations (Closes:
* Drop the defaults for SAspamcHost and SAspamcPort, deferring to spamc
as to what the defaults will be if those options are not set in
sa-exim.conf (Closes: #506571).
* The "nobody" user and "nogroup" group should not own files. Therefore,
create /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets with Debian-exim as owner on new
installations and run greylistclean as Debian-exim by default. Don't
change ownership of already existing /var/spool/sa-exim or
/var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets, since the local admin may have different
preferences, but give the Debian-exim group the write permission it
needs if /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets is owned by "nobody" and spamd
runs as the calling user (Closes: #563492). Add documentation to
README.Debian and remove recommendation to run spamd as "nobody" from
README and README.greylisting.
* Some tidying of debian/rules and the packaging in general:
* Add build-arch and build-indep targets.
* Remove configure target; it's not a mandatory target.
* Remove install target and use dh_install (and dh_lintian) to put the
files in the staging directory.
* Replace /var/spool/exim with /var/spool/sa-exim in the Debian patch
instead of using sed.
* Pass SUFF='' to the makefile instead of renaming sa-exim-4.2.1.so
* Put our version of the crontab file in debian/greylistclean.cron.d
and install it using dh_installcron.
* Upgrade to Debhelper compat level 7. Replace dh_clean -k with
* Switch to source package format 3.0 (quilt), splitting the Debian
patch as follows:
* api-limitations.patch: Changes needed because Exim exports only the
symbols that are part of the official API.
* spamc-args.patch: Changes related to the arguments sent to spamc.
* grey-clean-sender.patch: Simplify the sender address so that senders
using VERP, SRS, etc. hopefully won't be greylisted each and every
* grey-only-ipv4.patch: Bail out if a non-IPv4 address is encountered.
* improved-default-conf.patch: General improvements (in my opinion) of
the default sa-exim.conf.
* spamd-not-nobody.patch: Strike the recommendation that spamd run as
* save-path.patch: Put saved mail in /var/spool/sa-exim instead of
* readme.patch: Other additions to the README file(s).
* Update Standards-Version to 3.9.2.
-- Magnus Holmgren <email address hidden> Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:13:22 +0100
SpamAssassin filter for Exim