flex (2.5.39-8~ubuntu14.04.1) trusty-backports; urgency=medium
* No-change backport to trusty (LP: #1365896)
flex (2.5.39-8) unstable; urgency=low
* Added a missing build depends on vm-super-minimal, reuired fro
building the pdf documentation, (Closes: #752151).
* Move flex.pdf to the flex-doc package. This makes it possible for the
flex package's contents to not change if texinfo is not installed,
e.g. in the stage1 build profile. Thanks to Peter Pentchev
<email address hidden>
* Move the flex-doc build dependencies to B-D-I. Move the TeX Live
dependencies to Build-Depends-Indep and only build the HTML and PDF
documentation if actually requested. This breaks a circular build
dependency by not requiring texlive for the build of the
arch-dependent flex binary packages. (Closes: #749344).
* Bug fix #752151: "pdfetex error about missing cm-super", thanks to
Helmut Grohne and Cyril Brulebois
* Bug fix: #749344" Allow bootstrapping without texlive and
dh-autoreconf", thanks to Peter Pentchev
flex (2.5.39-7) unstable; urgency=low
* dh-autoreconf already depends on all the autotools that it will
attempt to use to rebuild the package's build framework, so remove the
direct (and redundant) dependencies on the autotools
packages. Suggestion by Peter Pentchev (Closes: #749341).
* The patch also cleaned up the creation of examples and links for man
* Bug fix #749341: "Drop the autotools build dependencies, dh-autoreconf
is sufficient", thanks to Peter Pentchev
flex (2.5.39-6) unstable; urgency=low
* The code that is generated by flex has an off-by-one error in the
generated #line pragmas that occur after the second %% line in the
source file. Marcus Rausch supplied the patch that fixes it.
* Bug fix #542482: "Off-by-one error in line statements", thanks to
flex (2.5.39-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Adapted patch from Matthias Klose to add pre-seeding of autoconf
values as paramaters, fixing cross builds. flex uses runtime checks
for configure tests, and preseeding allows cross build to succeed,
* Bug fix: "fix cross build", thanks to Matthias Klose. Applied fix
manually (Closes: #746172).
flex (2.5.39-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Bug fix: "Flex 2.5.39-3 has a typo in installman", thanks to
Gianfranco Costamagna. over -> over (Closes: #745228).
flex (2.5.39-3) unstable; urgency=medium
* Move libl.a from flex to libfl-dev, for real
* install link manually for libfl-dev alone, cleaning up the rules file
in the process.
flex (2.5.39-2) unstable; urgency=low
* New bug fixing release
* Bug fix: "typo in README.Debian: libfla_pic.a -> libfl_pic.a",
thanks to Jakub Wilk (Closes: #744853).
* Bug fix: "libfl-dev and flex-old: error when trying to install
together", thanks to Ralf Treinen. The package libfl-dev needs to
replace and Break the flex-old package too, (Closes: #744833).
* Bug fix: "redundant redeclaration of ‘isatty’", thanks to Ludovic
Rousseau. This duplication was removed in the last upstream release.
* Bug fix: "flex-2.5.35 bug", thanks to Yuriy Z. scan.c now declares n
as size_t, in the new upstream version. (Closes: #633008).
* Bug fix: "make check failure", thanks to Sayre, Alan N. The new
version of flex does succeed in running make check (it would not build
otherwise) (Closes: #632095).
flex (2.5.39-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* New upstream release
* internationalization: added support for various languages. Fix make
install target to not fail when the flex++ program is already
installed. various portability fixes that quiet compiler warnings on
64-bit hosts. numerous bug fixes.
* Moved to a new dh based build system. Also moved to a 3.0 source
format, using debcherry.
* Bug fix: "cross build support", thanks to Eleanor Chen. We have moved
to a standard dh based build, so we should not have this issue any more.
* Bug fix: "examples not included into binary packages", thanks to Carl
Fürstenberg. Examples are in this version. (Closes: #560387).
* Bug fix: "new upstream release 2.5.37", thanks to Peter Eisentraut
* Bug fix: "flex, new release available for download", thanks to
Gianfranco Costamagna (Closes: #736345).
* Bug fix: "please mark flex as Multi-Arch: allowed", thanks to Steve
Langasek. Redid the patch to work with dh. (Closes: #611230).
* Updating to a new build system means that the changes made to the
build system in the NMU are not needed, dh does the right thing.
* The new upstream release added the prototypes in re-entrant mode, so
we are no longer carrying those patches.
-- Iain Lane <email address hidden> Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:46:53 +0100
fast lexical analyzer generator
Documentation for flex (a fast lexical analyzer generator)
static library for flex (a fast lexical analyzer generator)