apt 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.8 source package in Ubuntu
apt (0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.8) precise; urgency=low * Backport kernel auto-removal/retention policy from raring (LP: #923876) - debian/apt.auto-removal.sh, debian/rules, debian/apt.dirs: Add new script to /etc/kernel/postinst.d/ that ensures we always retain the currently-running, being-installed, and newest-installed kernels. - debian/apt.conf.autoremove: don't include linux-restricted-modules*, linux-image*, and linux-ubuntu-modules* in the never-removed list. -- Adam Conrad <email address hidden> Tue, 12 Feb 2013 02:23:24 -0700
See full publishing history Publishing
Binary packages built by this source
- apt: commandline package manager
This package provides commandline tools for searching and
managing as well as querying information about packages
as a low-level access to all features of the libapt-pkg library.
* apt-get for retrieval of packages and information about them
from authenticated sources and for installation, upgrade and
removal of packages together with their dependencies
* apt-cache for querying available information about installed
as well as installable packages
* apt-cdrom to use removable media as a source for packages
* apt-config as an interface to the configuration settings
* apt-key as an interface to manage authentication keys
- apt-doc: documentation for APT
This package contains the user guide and offline guide for various
APT tools which are provided in a html and a text-only version.
- apt-transport-https: https download transport for APT
This package enables the usage of 'deb https:/
/foo distro main' lines
in the /etc/apt/
sources. list so that all package managers using the
libapt-pkg library can access metadata and packages available in sources
accessible over https (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure).
This transport supports server as well as client authentication
- apt-utils: package managment related utility programs
This package contains some less used commandline utilities related
to package managment with APT.
lates is used by debconf to prompt for configuration
questions before installation.
* apt-ftparchive is used to create Packages and other index files
needed to publish an archive of debian packages
* apt-sortpkgs is a Packages/Sources file normalizer.
- libapt-inst1.4: deb package format runtime library
This library provides methods to query and extract information
from deb packages. This includes the control data and the package
- libapt-pkg-dev: development files for APT's libapt-pkg and libapt-inst
This package contains the header files and libraries for
developing with APT's libapt-pkg Debian package manipulation
library and the libapt-inst deb/tar/ar library.
- libapt-pkg-doc: documentation for APT development
This package contains documentation for development of the APT
Debian package manipulation program and its libraries.
This includes the source code documentation generated by doxygen
in html format.
- libapt-pkg4.12: package managment runtime library
This library provides the common functionality for searching and
managing packages as well as information about packages.
Higher-level package managers can depend upon this library.
* retrieval of information about packages from multiple sources
* retrieval of packages and all dependent packages
needed to satisfy a request either through an internal
solver or by interfacing with an external one
* authenticating the sources and validating the retrieved data
* installation and removal of packages in the system
* providing different transports to retrieve data over cdrom, ftp,
http, rsh as well as an interface to add more transports like
https) and debtorrent (apt-transport- debtorrent) .