debhelper (8.0.0ubuntu1) maverick; urgency=low
* Merge with Debian (LP: #614787); remaining changes:
- dh_installinit: Add --upstart-only and --onlyscripts-upstart modes.
- Add various autoscripts for above: postinst-upstart,
prerm-upstart, prerm-upstart-norestart, preinst-removeconffile.
- dh_installudev: Change default init.d symlink priority to 40.
- dh_installchangelogs: Do not install upstream changelog in compat level
7. This floods packages with huge upstream changelogs which take
precious CD space.
- dh_strip, dh_makeshlibs: use triplet-objdump, triplet-objcopy and
triplet-strip from cross-binutils when cross-compiling; Debian #412118.
- add dh_apparmor and autoscripts
* debian/rules: override build target to set executable bit for dh_apparmor
before actually running dh build, that is in order to get the manpage
built for dh_apparmor.
debhelper (8.0.0) unstable; urgency=low
[ Carsten Hey ]
* dh_fixperms: Ensure files in /etc/sudoers.d/ are mode 440. Closes: #589574
[ Joey Hess ]
* Finalized v8 mode, which is the new recommended default.
debhelper (7.9.3) unstable; urgency=low
* perl_makemaker: import compat(). Closes: #587654
debhelper (7.9.2) unstable; urgency=low
* In v8 mode, stop passing packlist=0 in perl_makemaker buildsystem,
since perl_build is tried first. Avoids the makemaker warning message
introduced by the fix to #527990.
debhelper (7.9.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Started work on Debhelper v8. It is still experimental, and more
changes are planned for that mode.
* dh_installman: Support .so links relative to the current section.
* dh_installman: Avoid converting .so links to symlinks if the link
target is not present in the same binary package, on advice of
Colin Watson. (To support eventual so search paths.)
* Add deprecation warning for dh_clean -k.
* dh_testversion: Removed this deprecated and unused command.
* debian/compress files are now deprecated. Seems only one package
(genesis) still uses them.
* dh_fixperms: Tighten globs used to find library .so files,
avoiding incorrectly matching things like "foo.sources". Closes: #583328
* dh_installchangelogs: Support packages placing their changelog in a
file with a name like HISTORY. Closes: #582749
* dh_installchangelogs: Also look for changelog files in doc(s)
subdirectories. Closes: #521258
* In v8 mode, do not allow directly passing unknown options to debhelper
commands. (Unknown options in DH_OPTIONS still only result in warnings.)
* In v8 mode, dh_makeshlibs will run dpkg-gensymbols on all shared
libraries it generates shlibs files for. This means that -X can be
used to exclude libraries from processing by dpkg-gensymbols. It also
means that libraries in unusual locations, where dpkg-gensymbols does
not itself normally look, will be passed to it, a behavior change which
may break some packages. Closes: #557603
* In v8 mode, dh expects the sequence to run is always its first parameter.
(Ie, use "dh $@ --foo", not "dh --foo $@")
This avoids ambiguities when parsing options to be passed on to debhelper
commands. (See #570039)
* In v8 mode, prefer the perl_build buildsystem over perl_makemaker.
* postrm-init: Avoid calling the error handler if update-rc.d fails.
-- ALEFHAHMEEMDAL ALEFLAMMEEMHAHMEEMWAWDALYEH (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy) <email address hidden> Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:45:25 +0300