dpkg 1.16.12ubuntu1.1 source package in Ubuntu
dpkg (1.16.12ubuntu1.1) saucy-security; urgency=medium * SECURITY UPDATE: directory traversal in dpkg-source - scripts/Dpkg/Source/Patch.pm: correctly parse C-style diff filenames. - Patch thanks to Guillem Jover <email address hidden> - CVE-2014-0471 -- Marc Deslauriers <email address hidden> Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:49:35 -0400
See full publishing history Publishing
Binary packages built by this source
- dpkg: Debian package management system
This package provides the low-level infrastructure for handling the
installation and removal of Debian software packages.
For Debian package development tools, install dpkg-dev.
- dpkg-dev: Debian package development tools
This package provides the development tools (including dpkg-source)
required to unpack, build and upload Debian source packages.
Most Debian source packages will require additional tools to build;
for example, most packages need make and the C compiler gcc.
- dselect: Debian package management front-end
dselect is a high-level interface for managing the installation and
removal of Debian software packages.
Many users find dselect intimidating and new users may prefer to use
apt-based user interfaces.
- libdpkg-dev: Debian package management static library
This package provides the header files and static library necessary to
develop software using libdpkg, the same library used internally by dpkg.
Note though, that the API is to be considered volatile, and might change
at any time, use at your own risk.
- libdpkg-perl: Dpkg perl modules
This package provides the perl modules used by the scripts
in dpkg-dev. They cover a wide range of functionalities. Among them
there are the following modules:
- Dpkg::Arch: manipulate Debian architecture information
- Dpkg::BuildOptions: parse and manipulate DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS
- Dpkg::Changelog: parse Debian changelogs
- Dpkg::Checksums: generate and parse checksums
on::Process: wrapper around compression tools
on::FileHandle: transparently (de)compress files
- Dpkg::Control: parse and manipulate Debian control information
(.dsc, .changes, Packages/Sources entries, etc.)
- Dpkg::Deps: parse and manipulate dependencies
ling: common error functions
- Dpkg::Index: collections of Dpkg::Control (Packages/Sources files for
- Dpkg::IPC: spawn sub-processes and feed/retrieve data
- Dpkg::Substvars: substitute variables in strings
- Dpkg::Vendor: identify current distribution vendor
- Dpkg::Version: parse and manipulate Debian package versions
All the packages listed in Suggests or Recommends are used by some of the