nvidia-prime (0.5) trusty; urgency=low
- Depend on bbswitch-dkms and upstart.
- Depend on lightdm (>= 1.9.1).
- Build only for i386 and amd64.
- Install the new components.
- Make sure that NVIDIA is always enabled on shutdown.
This will avoid issues with the BIOS.
- Make sure that bbswitch does not disable nvidia when
- Set up xorg.conf on boot.
- Create a display-stopped-script entry in lightdm.conf.
- Create /etc/lightdm/hybrid_default.
- Remove it.
- Remove /etc/lightdm/hybrid_default on package removal.
- Remove the display-stopped-script entry from
- Restore the non-prime related alternative on removal.
* New upstream release:
- Improved hardware detection. The package won't change
anything if the hardware configuration is not
supported. We only support laptops with NVIDIA
optimus hardware and nvidia driver >= 319
- More robust system to deal with xorg.conf. Broken
xorg.conf files will be automatically restored to
a configuration that works with hybrid graphics.
Whether on boot or on log out, we always try to make
sure that the system is configured correctly.
- Added prime-select switcher to switch between the
integrated and the discrete GPU. This allows users
to disable the discrete GPU to save power. Users'
settings are now saved and applied on log out and
- Added a quirk system to pass custom options to the
bbswitch module (see /etc/prime-quirks).
-- Alberto Milone <email address hidden> Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:23:32 +0100