upstart (0.2.1-6) edgy; urgency=low
* Make packages Essential, and change Depends to Pre-Depends so that the
packages work when unconfigured (nothing interesting is performed in
postinst). Ubuntu: #59005.
* Sync priority in debian/control with that in the archive (required)
* Drop warning of dire consequences if you install upstart, seeing as it's
installed by default.
* Add new startup-tasks and system-services packages which will contain
the /etc/event.d files themselves (other than the main ones).
* Move tty definitions into system-services.
* Modify tty definitions to start when the rcS task has finished. This
puts them in the "right" place when compared to gdm. Ubuntu: #58630.
* Correct rcS compatibility script to ignore any information in utmp so
that all scripts are always run. Ubuntu: #59203.
* Make rcS the console owner while it runs, temporary fix for
Ubuntu: #58609, #58794, #58796
* Include default control-alt-delete handler that reboots the machine.
-- Scott James Remnant <email address hidden> Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:52:48 +0100