Binary package “synaptic” in ubuntu hardy
Graphical package manager
Synaptic is a graphical package management tool based on GTK+ and APT.
Synaptic enables you to install, upgrade and remove software packages in
a user friendly way.
Besides these basic functions the following features are provided:
* Search and filter the list of available packages
* Perform smart system upgrades
* Fix broken package dependencies
* Edit the list of used repositories (sources.list)
* Download the latest changelog of a package
* Configure packages through the debconf system
* Browse all available documentation related to a package (dwww is required)