postgresql-8.3 (8.3.21-0ubuntu8.04) hardy-proposed; urgency=low
* New upstream bug fix release: (LP: #1055944)
- Improve page-splitting decisions in GiST indexes.
Multi-column GiST indexes might suffer unexpected bloat due to this
- Fix cascading privilege revoke to stop if privileges are still held.
If we revoke a grant option from some role "X", but "X" still holds
that option via a grant from someone else, we should not
recursively revoke the corresponding privilege from role(s) "Y"
that "X" had granted it to.
- Fix handling of SIGFPE when PL/Perl is in use.
Perl resets the process's SIGFPE handler to SIG_IGN, which could
result in crashes later on. Restore the normal Postgres signal
handler after initializing PL/Perl.
- Prevent PL/Perl from crashing if a recursive PL/Perl function is
redefined while being executed.
- Work around possible misoptimization in PL/Perl.
Some Linux distributions contain an incorrect version of
"pthread.h" that results in incorrect compiled code in PL/Perl,
leading to crashes if a PL/Perl function calls another one that
throws an error.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Tue, 25 Sep 2012 07:45:57 +0200