openssh (1:5.1p1-5ubuntu1) jaunty; urgency=low
* Resynchronise with Debian. Remaining changes:
- Add support for registering ConsoleKit sessions on login.
- Drop openssh-blacklist and openssh-blacklist-extra to Suggests; they
take up a lot of CD space, and I suspect that rolling them out in
security updates has covered most affected systems now.
- Add ufw integration.
openssh (1:5.1p1-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Backport from upstream CVS (Markus Friedl):
- packet_disconnect() on padding error, too. Should reduce the success
probability for the CPNI-957037 Plaintext Recovery Attack to 2^-18.
* Check that /var/run/sshd.pid exists and that the process ID listed there
corresponds to sshd before running '/etc/init.d/ssh reload' from if-up
script; SIGHUP is racy if called at boot before sshd has a chance to
install its signal handler, but fortunately the pid file is written
after that which lets us avoid the race (closes: #502444).
* While the above is a valuable sanity-check, it turns out that it doesn't
really fix the bug (thanks to Kevin Price for testing), so for the
meantime we'll just use '/etc/init.d/ssh restart', even though it is
-- Colin Watson <email address hidden> Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:34:21 +0000