Binary package “wwwoffle” in ubuntu lucid
World Wide Web OFFline Explorer
The wwwoffled program is a simple proxy server with special features
for use with dial-up internet links. This means that it is possible
to browse web pages and read them without having to remain connected.
- Caching of pages that are viewed for review later.
- Conditional fetching to only get pages that have changed.
- Modification of pages e.g. to remove the BLINK tag or popup windows.
- The ability to follow links and mark other pages for download.
- Browser or command line interface to select pages for downloading.
- Optional info on bottom of pages showing cached date and allowing refresh.
- Works with password protected pages and pages containing forms.
- Cached pages can be searched with the ht://dig search engine, or with
namazu or mnogosearch which are similar search engines; however,
support for other than ht://dig is limited.