pulseaudio 1:0.9.21-0ubuntu3 (i386 binary) in ubuntu lucid
PulseAudio, previously known as Polypaudio, is a sound server for POSIX and
WIN32 systems. It is a drop in replacement for the ESD sound server with
much better latency, mixing/re-sampling quality and overall architecture.
These are some of PulseAudio's features:
* High quality software mixing of multiple audio streams with support for
more than one sink/source. May be used to combine multiple sound cards
into one (with sample rate adjustment).
* Wide range of supported client libraries. ESD, ALSA, oss, libao and
GStreamer client applications are supported as-is. Native PulseAudio
plug-ins are also available for xmms and mplayer.
* Good low latency behaviour and very accurate latency measurement for
playback and recording. Ability to fully synchronize multiple playback
* Network transparency, allowing an application to play back or record
audio on a different machine than the one it is running on.
* Extensible plug-in architecture with plug-ins for jackd, multicast-rtp
lirc and avahi, just to name a few.
This package contains the daemon and basic module set.
- Package version:
- pulseaudio_0.9.21-0ubuntu3_i386.deb (621.6 KiB)
- Depends on:
- libasound2 (>> 1.0.18)
- libc6 (>= 2.9)
- libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.0.2)
- libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0)
- libltdl7 (>= 2.2.6a)
- libpulse0 (= 1:0.9.21-0ubuntu3)
- libspeexdsp1 (>= 1.2~beta3.2-1)
- libtdb1 (>= 1.1.2~git20080520)
- libudev0 (>= 147)
- libwrap0 (>= 7.6-4~)
- lsb-base (>= 3)