Binary package “aptdaemon” in ubuntu maverick
transaction based package management service
Aptdaemon allows normal users to perform package management tasks, e.g.
refreshing the cache, upgrading the system, installing or removing software
Currently it comes with the following main features:
- Programming language independent D-Bus interface, which allows to
write clients in several languages
- Runs only if required (D-Bus activation)
- Fine grained privilege management using PolicyKit, e.g. allowing all
desktop user to query for updates without entering a password
- Support for media changes during installation from DVD/CDROM
- Support for debconf (Debian's package configuration system)
- Support for attaching a terminal to the underlying dpkg call
This package contains the aptd script and all the data files required to run
the daemon. Moreover it contains the aptdcon script, which is a command
line client for aptdaemon.