Binary package “rygel” in ubuntu maverick
GNOME UPnP/DLNA services
Rygel is a collection of DLNA (UPnP AV) services (devices in UPnP speak),
implemented through a plug-in mechanism. Important facts and features:
* APIs to ease the implementation of AV devices (currently only
MediaServer V 2.0 specification).
* Audio and Video Transcoding: source format could be anything
GStreamer's decodebin2 can handle but output formats are currently
limited to: mp3, PCM and MPEG TS. Fortunately the transcoding
framework is flexible enough to easily add more transcoding targets.
* Specifically designed for GNOME (Mobile).
* Based on GUPnP.
* Written (mostly) in Vala language.
This package contains the core of Rygel and following plugins:
* media-export: Recursively exports folders and files specified in the
user configuration. This plugin supports all types of URIs that
gio/gvfs and GStreamer can handle.
* external: A MediaServer plugin that exports media hierarchies
provided by external applications.