bsdcpio 2.8.0-2 (sparc binary) in ubuntu maverick
This package provides an interface similar to cpio(1), but using
libarchive as the backend for the archiving and extraction of data.
It can read CPIO, tar, pax, zip, jar, ar, and ISO9660 images and provides
similar features to the bsdtar package. Features include:
* Automatic format detection. Libarchive automatically detects the
compression (none/gzip/bzip2) and format (old tar, ustar, gnutar,
pax, cpio, iso9660, zip) when reading archives. It does this for
any data source.
* Pax Interchange Format Support. This is a POSIX/SUSv3 extension to
the old "ustar" tar format that adds arbitrary extended attributes
to each entry. Does everything that GNU tar format does, only
* Handles file flags, ACLs, arbitrary pathnames, etc. Pax interchange
format supports key/value attributes using an easily-extensible
technique. Arbitrary pathnames, group names, user names, file sizes
are part of the POSIX standard; libarchive extends this with
support for file flags, ACLs, and arbitrary device numbers.
* GNU tar support. Libarchive reads most GNU tar archives. If there
is demand, this can be improved further.
- Package version:
- bsdcpio_2.8.0-2_sparc.deb (34.8 KiB)