lernid (0.8.2.2~lr2~natty1) natty-backports; urgency=low
* Automated backport upload; no source changes.
lernid (0.8.2.2~lr2) oneiric; urgency=low
* Oneiric release. (LP: #844923)
* Merge changes to convert from python-central to dh_python2
lernid (0.8.2.2) natty; urgency=low
* Ready for release
lernid (0.8.2.1) natty; urgency=low
* Make schedule a bit easier to read by making font used for instructors one size smaller
lernid (0.8.2) natty; urgency=low
* Add 'avoid-desktopcouch' debugging option.
* Remove #ubuntu-classroom-es. Assign correct calendar to #ubuntu-charlas
* Document the following merges in debian/changelog:
* Add instructor names to schedule.
* Add option -d (--debug) for message received and members changed events as
well as for all other verbose messages. Makes --verbose less verbose.
Fixes LP: #816080.
* Couch desktopcouch in try: clause; ignore desktopcouch database if
unavailable. Fixes LP: #795138 and LP: #516619 by this circumvention.
* Use a config file as backup for desktopcouch. Window sizes and pane settings
will not be restored. The config file is recreated each time lernid
is run, whether or not desktopcouch is available.
* Get the events from /etc/lernid-classrooms.d/* rather than from the
Internet. Remove all but the last weeks events and scroll down
to the current time. LP: #528870.
* Add /etc/lernid-classrooms.d/ubuntu-classroom and
* Add ubuntu-charlas chatroom choice. These implement the
basic requirements. Also fix LP: #533279 and LP: #793033.
* Add button to open the slide file in the user's (external) browser.
Add tooltip text to slide window giving the slide url.
Resolves LP: #830856 and LP: #530817.
* Add new [slidefile url] and [slidefile url 3] instructor commands to
load a slide file during a session, and to load the slide file and then
switch to the page.
* Load slide file asynchronously using gio (rather than using threads).
Again fixes LP: #530119. Fixes LP: #795347. Report downloading progress.
Restablishes these two functions originally created by Peeyoosh
* Remove bold effect from the room names in the classroom and chatroom label.
Include the '#' in the name, if someone had abbreviated it.
Fixes LP: #806797.
* Add a ZERO WIDTH SPACE and SIX-PER-EM SPACE following "QUESTION: " to help
classbot pick out questions without regard to the word "QUESTION" as its
language might not match the one lernid is using. Addresses LP: 808570.
* Look for classbot messages in a case-insensitive manner. Mark its messages
by making them italic. Fixes LP: #794126
* Retrieve the value of "QUESTION:" from the session or the event. Look first
for a question_token value in the session, then for a locale for the
session, then for a question_token value for the event, then for a locale
value for the event.
* If locale is used and begins with es, translate QUESTION to spanish, otherwise
leave as english.
* Added a server variable to events for later use.
* Replace light style of QUESTION: label with normal style so it doesn't appear
to be insensitive. Tooltip text applies to both label and the check box
itself. Clicking on the tooltext label toggles the button. Fixes
LP: #806800, LP: #806793, LP: #793029.
* Make Question: upper-case in the notification reminder and in the mouse-over
text. Thanks to Mohammad AbuShady. Fixes LP: #808569 .
* Handle the response to the user dismissing the Open event window in two
stages so that the window can be hidden before the remaining processing
is started. Fixes LP: #806804.
* Add preference to open URL's as a new tab in the user's default browser
rather than in Lernid. The initial classroom web page and the
Event->Open URL... dialog are excluded.
Thanks to Peeyoosh Sangolekar for providing this feature. See
* Make the test for messages from instructors and helpers case-insensitive.
Thanks to Mohammad AbuShady. Fixes LP: #812427 .
* Change the last user-agent product-id from Safari to lernid. Thanks go to
Mohammad AbuShady. Fixes LP: #793805 .
* Prepend URL's input into the Open URL... dialog box with http:// if
necessary. Thanks, Diogenese The Cynical. Fixes LP: #793793.
* Set new version number
lernid (0.8.1.5) natty; urgency=low
* Note that LP: #808982 is fixed
* Allow anyone (with voice) to change slides or switch browser if channel
* Wrap notification requests in try: clause so failure doesn't cause lernid to
error. Fixes LP: #808982
* Set user-stylesheet-uri in webkit settings to circumvent webkit problem
with webkit-box-shadow. Fixes LP: #793780. Thanks to the Midori
project for covering this in their FAQ at http://wiki.xfce.org/midori/faq
* Set new version number
lernid (0.8.1.4.1) natty; urgency=low
No change entry to note fixed bugs in bazaar.
lernid (0.8.1.4) natty; urgency=low
Set for release
Add John S Gruber to AUTHOR file
Correct classroom and chatroom labels if lernid was invoked with the
the --chatroom or --classroom option.
Fix traceback where appindicator is turned off by preference.
Correct handling of unusual case where a calendar start or stop time is
Change maintainer to John S Gruber and add copyrights. Set new version.
In the schedule add italicized event names to the titles of sessions.
Use checkbox rather than a button to allow the user to prepend "Question:"
to their contribution to the chatroom.
Let the user know about Question: in the session notification.
Fixes: LP: #793029
When classroom and chatroom are joined change their widgets from inactive to
active so it is more obvious. Fixes LP: #604658
Switch to the session tab at the beginning of the event. Suggest in session
notification that the user keep the tab selected to see all visual
materials. Use an eyecatcher, with color, to point out that additional
slides or web material are in the session tab. Add a status
message suggesting the user switch to the session tab. LP: #793788
Warn in the connection dialog that connecting can take a minute.
See that only an instructor or helper can change what the browser displays.
LP: #530185. Add option to override this for testing.
Emphasize messages from an instructor, helper, or classbot. LP: #794126
Add a --chatroom option so that the user can specify both the classroom and
chatroom they want.
Remove nicknames saying <???> by rechecking with telepathy when a nickname
is unknown. LP: #793048
Fix mispelling of "event" in in lernid/Sessions.py code.
Change format of slide progress message to ease translation.
Delay setting pane positions until the system has resized the
window. Sort of hackish. LP: #801547
Don't specify that "lernid" should be translated in LernidWindow.ui
and other locations. Addresses LP: #682807
Add classroom and chatroom names to their widgets.
Address LP: #493316 adding extensions to make Lernid more robust when a
connection doesn't exist, the config site, calendar, or irc server
cannot be reached, or the connection is dropped. Also addresses
LP: #528935, LP: #603248, LP: #795339 Supplies default configs or
calendar as needed. Session entries without complete information are
noted in the schedule.
Merge Chris Coulson's changes to remove the dependency on gtkmozembed.
lernid (0.8.1) natty; urgency=low
* Prepare next release
* Retrieve nicks (aliases) rather than ids so nicks displayed match
user preference (and match what other irc clients display) (LP: #604770)
* Correct room prefix check to look at channel.name rather than 
* Fix FTBFS on oneiric due to missing, and unnecessary, langpack.mk file.
* Merge current translations
lernid (0.8.0.2) natty; urgency=low
* Sanity check pane settings. Retrieve update main window size from
configure-event callbacks rather than trying to retrieve size from
a possibly destroyed window (by window manager). Allow window manager
complete discretion in window placement. (LP: #764082)
* Revise size parameters passed to poppler page render call. (LP: #764069)
* Revert the slide loading function to run synchronously
rather than using python threads. (LP: #749848)
* Handle case where web page has no title. (LP: #751019)
* Correct color setting in tags in Classroom.py and
NativeChatroom.py (LP: #716937)
* Add desktopcouch dependencies. If desktopcouch related package dependencies
are corrected this will no longer be necessary. (LP: #727232)
-- Micah Gersten <email address hidden> Wed, 02 May 2012 09:13:03 +0000