pkgbinarymangler (95) natty; urgency=low
* Build-dep on intltool as needed for the testsuite
(dh-translations binary package already depends on it)
-- Didier Roche <email address hidden> Fri, 01 Apr 2011 00:03:47 +0200
pkgbinarymangler (94) natty; urgency=low
- support cmake package as there is no makefile in the po dir neither
setup.cfg. Try to grep the domain from CMakeLists.txt and force it in the
- add the cmake testcase in test/run
-- Didier Roche <email address hidden> Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:44:15 +0200
pkgbinarymangler (93) natty; urgency=low
* When mangling changelogs, make sure to recompress with gzip -n;
otherwise the resulting file is different for each build, so not
compatible with multiarch.
-- Steve Langasek <email address hidden> Fri, 18 Mar 2011 01:41:43 -0700
pkgbinarymangler (92) natty; urgency=low
* Add debhelper script for handling translation operations. This makes it
possible to have properly i18n'ed packages that don't use cdbs without
introducing complicated build system changes. (LP: #735934)
- test/icecream: Add po/ dir with an example po/*.po, *.desktop, *.server,
*.policy, *.schemas files, and a Makefile which generates the pot.
- Add dh_translations: debhelper script. Port the logic from
- test/run: Add test_dh_translations() test case.
- debian/control, debian/dh-translations.install: Install dh_translations.
- debian/rules: Build and install manpage from dh_translations POD.
* test/icecream/debian/rules: Simplify using an override.
* Add translations.pm: debhelper sequencer. Switch
test/icecream/debian/rules to use --with translations instead of calling
dh_translations directly. Point to local translations.pm in test/run
* dh_translations: Try getting domain from Python setup.cfg if po/Makefile
does not exist.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:25:09 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (91) natty; urgency=low
* dpkg-deb: also skip parsing /CurrentlyBuilding and debian/control if
NO_PKG_MANGLE is non-empty as e.g. grep-ing control might trigger warnings
in some testsuites.
-- Loic Minier <email address hidden> Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:07:33 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (90) natty; urgency=low
* test/icecream/debian/rules: Install a "changes" directory below
/usr/share/doc/. This reproduces the build failure of texlive-extra.
* pkgstripfiles: Only consider files which have a changelog-like name.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:08:55 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (89) natty; urgency=low
* pkgstripfiles: Games are prone to rely on a particular PNG image format,
so skip PNG optimization for "Section: games". Add test case.
* pkgstripfiles: Also skip PNG squashing if $NO_PNG_PKG_MANGLE is set; this
allows packages to selectively disable PNG optimization without disabling
the other parts of pkgbinarymangler. Add test case.
* debian/control: Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1 (no changes necessary).
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:50:46 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (88) natty; urgency=low
* test/run: Use "foo%.png" instead of foo.png, to check that file names with
percent signs are handled correctly. This reproduces LP #684569.
* pkgstripfiles: Escape percent characters in file names, to avoid breaking
the sed expression. (LP: #684569)
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:38:37 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (87) natty; urgency=low
* Tweak shell syntax in dpkg-deb and also pass "$@" to pkgstriptranslations
to simplify tests a bit.
-- Loic Minier <email address hidden> Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:37:40 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (86) natty; urgency=low
[ Soren Hansen ]
* Ensure arguments get passed through dpkg-deb wrapper unmangled.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:28:14 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (85) natty; urgency=low
* pkgstriptranslations: In truncated changelogs, point to "apt-get
changelog" instead of the obsolete "apt-changelog". Update test cases
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:15:29 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (84) natty; urgency=low
* pkgstripfiles: Don't remove Debian changelogs if they are broken symlinks
(as they are with multi-binary packages during build, since they point to
the location in an installed system). Thanks Colin Watson!
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:01:03 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (83) natty; urgency=low
* test/icecream: Install an additional symbolic link "foolink.png" to
* test/run, check_deb_integrity(): Verify that foolink.png remains a
* pkgstripfiles: Ignore symbolic links for PNG compression. They mess up the
careful "symlink identical help files" work from pkgstriptranslations and
actually lead to bigger packages.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:18:49 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (82) natty; urgency=low
* test/run: Fix "check for stripped files" test for PPA builds, we expect
those to not get modified.
* test/run: Check that changelogs in PPAs do not get truncated.
* pkgstripfiles: Do not run for non-OEM PPA builds.
* test/run: Add the same short/long checks for changelogs of native
* pkgstripfiles: For native packages, keep changelog.gz and truncate it like
the Debian changelog.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:14:09 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (81) natty; urgency=low
* pkgstripfiles: Remove more changelog naming variants.
* test/icecream/debian/changelog: Add a lot more older changelog entries,
for testing the truncation.
* test/run: Check that short Debian changelogs remain unaltered, and that
long Debian changelogs are truncated to the topmost 10 records. In both
cases changelog.Debian.gz must be present in the deb.
* pkgstripfiles: Implement Debian changelog truncation as above. If we
truncate, add a note at the end to run apt-changelog for the older
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:43:49 +0100
pkgbinarymangler (80) natty; urgency=low
* pkgstripfiles: Remove "ChangeLog.gz", too.
* pkgstripfiles: Call advpng on PNG files after optipng, to further reduce
their size. Add "advancecomp" build and binary dependencies.
* test/run: Refine orig/new image comparison to ignore comments in the
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Fri, 05 Nov 2010 16:16:35 -0400
pkgbinarymangler (79) natty; urgency=low
* test/icecream: Add and install a PNG file, and a JPEG file with a wrong
.png suffix ("notapng.png").
* debian/control: Add optipng dependency, and optipng/imagemagick build
dependencies. (We'll need imagemagick for the test suite.)
* test/run: Add test_optipng() for verifying that shipped PNGs are smaller
than original and visually identical, and that non-PNGs are shipped
* pkgstripfiles: Call optipng on all PNG files, update md5sum if successful.
* test/run: Move md5sums test from test_optipng() to check_deb_integrity(),
so that it's run for all test cases.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:11:43 -0400
pkgbinarymangler (78) natty; urgency=low
* test/icecream/debian/rules: Enable dh_installchangelogs.
* test/run: Verify that changelog.gz gets stripped from packages when
* pkgstripfiles: Remove upstream and Debian changelogs from binary packages.
This will save 28 MB on the CDs once all packages get rebuilt against this
mangler. (performance-desktop-n-install-footprint blueprint)
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Mon, 01 Nov 2010 09:02:52 -0400
pkgbinarymangler (77) natty; urgency=low
* test/run: If dpkg-buildpackage fails, show the complete output, to ease
* Add missing dh-buildinfo build dependency, required for selftests.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:37:42 +0200
pkgbinarymangler (76) natty; urgency=low
* striptranslations.blacklist: Add language-selector-common. (LP: #654548)
* pkgstriptranslations: Fix OEM mode for changed apt-cache madison output in
* test/icecream/debian/rules: Call dh_buildinfo and dh_md5sums, which are
both very common in Debian/Ubuntu packages.
* Add a new script "pkgstripfiles" for removing files which we don't want in
- Add pkgstripfiles: Remove buildinfo.gz from packages. These are now
installed by default for cdbs, and for a lot of other packages. However,
these just bloat the packages and installed system, and all the
information they carry is in Launchpad's build logs.
- dpkg-deb: Call pkgstripfiles.
- stripfiles.conf: Configuration file for enabling/disabling.
- test/run: Add new check_deb_stripfiles() check and integrate it into all
existing test cases.
- debian/pkgbinarymangler.install: Install script and conf file.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:03:36 +0200
pkgbinarymangler (75) maverick; urgency=low
* test/run: Add new method check_deb_integrity() which confirms that
dpkg-deb can extract the generated debs without messages or errors. This
catches the regression introduced in version 71 that broke apt. Call this
from various test cases.
* pkgstriptranslations: Filter out PPA entries from apt-cache madison
entries. If the package is also in this or a depending PPA, that will
cause a "main" entry.
-- Martin Pitt <email address hidden> Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:04:19 +0200