Binary package “detox” in ubuntu oneiric
utility to replace problematic characters in filenames
Detox is a utility designed to clean up filenames. It replaces difficult to
work with characters, such as spaces, with standard equivalents. It will also
clean up filenames with UTF-8 or Latin-1 (or CP-1252) characters in them.
* Removal or replacement of upper ASCII Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1) characters
* Removal or replacement of UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters.
* Removal or replacement of spaces and other potentially tricky characters
* Trimming of excessive "_" and "-"s
* Directory recursion, dry runs, verbose listings
It is designed with safety in mind. It won't overwrite a file that already
exists, and it doesn't touch special files if not requested.