Binary package “gcompris” in ubuntu oneiric
Educational games for small children
GCompris is a large collection of educational games for small children.
It is designed to be a unified interface to integrate more educational
Language-oriented games contain vocabulary, sounds, and voices for many
different languages; check the gcompris-sound packages for your
Currently available boards include:
* learning how to use a mouse and keyboard
* learning simple arithmetic
* learning how to read an analog clock
* recognize letters after hearing their names
* reading practice
* small games (memory games, jigsaw puzzles, ...).
It is designed so that it is easy to implement new boards into
A number of boards are only available if other packages are
installed; see the Suggests list for more details.