Binary package “pykaraoke” in ubuntu oneiric
free CDG/MIDI/MPEG karaoke player
PyKaraoke is a free karaoke player. You can use this program to play your
collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs.
pykaraoke is a frontend for the pycdg and pympg karaoke players. It provides
a search engine to find your songs, a file/folder browser to pick songs from
disk, as well as a playlist.
* CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G) playback - Play standard CDG karaoke files
* MIDI (.MID/.KAR) playback - Play MIDI format karaoke files
* MPEG playback - Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format
* Playlist - Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy
* Searchable song database - Easily find your songs from the main screen
* Search inside ZIP files - Play MP3+G/MIDI files wrapped in ZIP files
* Cross-platform - Runs on Windows and Linux
MIDI/KAR support on Linux, requires the following:
* Sounds/patches for Timidity++ (e.g. freepats or eawpatches)